Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Migraines and Medication

Re: Migraines and Medication

Hey Amber....

So you say your migraines are the same then? How often do you get them? Are they something you've had for a long time? I only started getting them a year ago.....do you ever have an aura with yours?

I had a CT Scan last year and was anxious so I told the girl that did it that I thought I might panic...she was very good with me and talked me through the whole thing. Honestly afterwards I was quite embarrassed because it was actually really simple and quick. The only part I hate is all that radiation going into my body!
    You will be absolutely fine!

xx

I Get them quite often, couple times every day or something, I think mine started about a year ago too, what's an aura? (New to all these technical names) I Have problems with my visions sometimes, like flashes, bluriness or a few cases of double vision. I sometimes can't look up either because it hurts with the migraine :/
    When they get really bad it feels really pressurised.. like my heads going to explode!

Did they inject dye? I'm not too bad with needles, just curious as to what they actually do..
    Thank you xx

migraines are horrible. i wouldnt wish these on anyone.

An aura can be a number of symptoms that accompany the migraine such as Visual disturbance like you mentioned, numbness/tingling, nausea, sensitivity to sound, touch etc....My migraines are mainly the aura and the worst one is the half hour of nearly losing sight!
    I didn't have the dye, but if they told me i had to i certainly wouldve lost the plot! My husband had it a few months before for his back and he said it felt weird and he could feel the dye get pumped through his heart! My sister-in-law has also had it and she said it made her want to pee. Overall though, neither of them said it was scary or bad. If it was me, i'd be taking a valium before hand.....

xx

Yeah I tend to get numbness with my migraines too.. oh dear, that's not good :/

I had my scan today.. they injected dye into my arm.. it made me feel really warm, kinda tingly haha. It wasn't as bad as my mind was telling me it'd be haha, oh well.. just have to wait on the results :')

xx

Well done amber! You're much stronger than you give yourself credit. I know I couldn't have done it.....your results will be normal. If there was a Problem they would've alerted your dr straight away who would've contacted you.

Kel x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information