Thread: PTSD Recovery – Talking2Minds- Treating PTSD

PTSD Recovery – Talking2Minds- Treating PTSD

Hi all,
    I would like to give you some info about Talking2Minds, which is a charity with a unique approach established with the sole purpose of helping those suffering from PTSD or other severe stress related conditions.
    Talking2Minds was established by people who have suffered from PTSD and been through the Talking2Minds therapeutic process in order to help other back to health. Because all their team have personal experience of PTSD and other severe stress related conditions, they have an unique understanding of what the clients are going through and are able to create a strong rapport with them.
    Please have a look at just a few of their case studies, videos and interviews to see how they have successfully helped people overcome PTSD and severe stress related conditions with their unique program. All case studies are written in the delegates own words.
    Best wishes,
    Roxana

Re: PTSD Recovery – Talking2Minds- Treating PTSD

Thanks for posting this very optimistic charity. I was under the impression all UK PTSD charities are exclusively in existence to help war vets, but this one claims a wider remit which is helpful.

I went to my penultimate nhs councelling session today (complex PTSD, not a war vet) and when asked how I thought it had benefited me I had to say I'm functioning no better now than 6 months ago, so I'm very disappointed. The councellor said she hadn't expected to make much of a difference.

So I'm feeling a little lost.

But there is no way in the world that I could sit in a circle with a group of war vets. I'd stop breathing first.

There's a photo journalist putting together a Project on PTSD his blog is at jamesarthurallen.co.uk

all the best for everyones recovery

Thread Information