Thread: New to fluoxetine

New to fluoxetine

taken my first 20mg floxetine tablet at breakfast this morning and seem to have had a very difficult 4 hrs. i know this cannot be the effect of the tab yet. it must just be the though of having started on medication after having to try and battle this anxiety problem for the last month. i had been taking kalms tablets till yesterday which i thought helped a bit but i wonder if i feel worse because i havent taken them today. Hope these tabs are going to help me as i have never suffered with this problem before and i am finding it hard to function properly. would be glad of any advice anyone can give me.

Re: New to fluoxetine

It could be the effects of the tablet. About 20 mins after taking my first dose of Citalopram (different medication but same class of tablet) it hit me like a train, I felt like I was having a full blown panic attack and it took a friend to calm me down and realise it was nausea from the tablet. I had to go off sick from work and just lie down. The thing to remember is side effects can start immediately whereas the therapeutic effects take longer, sometimes days or weeks, to kick in.

This is actually good news, because in all likelihood if you are having a tough time this is simply the side effects of the tablet and nothing more sinister.

And although unpleasant, the side effects can wear off quickly. You might find tomorrow when you take the second tablet you're rough, but not quite as bad. Each day it should get better as you get the stuff into your system.

But always keep in mind - if you feel fragile, rough or unwell, this is a physical side effect and try (although it can be hard) not to worry. The short term pain of this is well worth it in the long run - imagine in a month or so from now, your life may have changed for the better and you'll be feeling great.

Have started on my Meds 20mg floxetine every other day last thursday but as yet not sure what to make of it, Feel fine so just waiting for it to get in my system and hopefully will see some improvments.

Quote Originally Posted by thomson56 View Post
    taken my first 20mg floxetine tablet at breakfast this morning and seem to have had a very difficult 4 hrs. i know this cannot be the effect of the tab yet. it must just be the though of having started on medication after having to try and battle this anxiety problem for the last month. i had been taking kalms tablets till yesterday which i thought helped a bit but i wonder if i feel worse because i havent taken them today. Hope these tabs are going to help me as i have never suffered with this problem before and i am finding it hard to function properly. would be glad of any advice anyone can give me.
    go to paxilprogress.org

Thread Information