Thread: Advice - Missed Period, Not Pregnant

Advice - Missed Period, Not Pregnant

Hi Ladies, hope you's can put my mind at rest.

I have been on pill for years now and always had regular periods. Tbh, since my anxiety started a year or so ago my periods have been slowly disappearing (my doc said that this could just be down the pill aswell). Usually, when I come off my pill to allow my period it now takes till the day I start it again after the 7 days to show any sign of bleeding and even then it only lasts a day or so.

Anyways, this month I have completely missed a period. No bleeding or spotting at all. I am definitely not pregnant (taking test and just know myself that I cant be). Basically I should have had my period last week but didn't and now I am getting all my period symptoms this week. This has never happened before. My abdomen feels really sore and is really bloated constantly.

Should I be worried something else is going on or should I just assume its my anxiety causing problems. I tend to worry about the slightest thing that's unusual to me so just wondering if any other ladies experience this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Advice - Missed Period, Not Pregnant

Anxiety/stress can muck your periods around, im sure you prob know this anyway...but i would see your GP to get reassurance.. i mean if your sore and bloated, its best to get it checked... but then they could be symptons of your period coming as well

Yeah I think it is just down to anxiety myself but I do tend to have health anxiety so I worry about every little symptom. Tbh, I try to avoid the Doctors lately as I feel a bit of a burden to them as I used to go loads. If my symptoms carry on till next week i'll prob get an appointment arranged.

Thanks for post.

I'm 45 and I my period was over 2 weeks late for the first time ever. After 2 pregnancy tests I got checked out but my doctor thinks it was anxiety or my age. I am also getting rib muscle pain and feel sick alot which is worrying me but again my doctor put it down to anxiety...wondering if this is all part of the menopause or just pure anxiety!!!

Hiya....

Pills can def mess with our bodies. I started a new pill back in Feb (beginning) it was a new pill....I took it on the first day as instructed and got the side effect of bleeding....I must have bled for 3 weeks in total varied amount etc.

Then nothing until last week....so I went over a month with no cycle, overdue that it.

Ive stopped taking that pill as I have a fear of meds and anything that will cause me to bleed that long is to much for my brain to take....

I'm sure it will kick in soon

Xxx

Thread Information