Thread: Tingling in face

Tingling in face

I was watching a medical show and this woman was getting facial tingling and numbness and it turned out she had a brain tumor! Well it really freaked me out because brain tumor is my number one worry with my HA. Well today all of the sudden I start thinking my face is tingling. I can move it just fine and smile and have all expressions it's just by my mouth but it feels funny. I dont know if anxiety can cause tingling and it's driving me crazy! Has any of you ever gotten this and it ended up being anxiety???

Re: Tingling in face

Yes, i've had tingling before. Tingling can definitely be caused by anxiety as a lot of other symptoms can too. Since you just watched that show your brain becomes hyper sensitive to those sensations, almost as if you subconsciously want it to happen to validate the concerns. I went through a brain tumor worrying stage as well. If you are very concerned, you could see a neurologist and he will do some reflex and other tests in the office, and then to ease your mind he may order an MRI, as he did with me. Once you get a clear MRI that should put any health anxiety about it to rest. Even still that might seem like overkill if you don't present with brain tumor symptoms. I would talk to your primary care doctor and see if you can get on anxiety meds or anti-depressant meds. Often times we become extremely sensitive to our bodies normal day to day functioning whereas most people just ignore it. Hope this helps!

Re: Tingling in face

Thanks for the reply. I know if I had an MRI my HA would be greatly reduced to no end, but there is always that "what if" I can't get passed. I don't think I have any reflex or coordination or balance problems. I wish I could go to a neurologist and be reassured just by the tests in his office but he would probably schedule me an MRI just to get more money from my insurance.

Thread Information