Thread: Half Beta-Prograne 80mg Sustained Release Capules

Half Beta-Prograne 80mg Sustained Release Capules

I have been prescribed these by my Doc due to anxiety caused by my work place, work life and issues from things that have happened in my past.... I only had to take when I felt or thought I would be anxious. I have started taking one ever day while at work now and have been feeling much calmer/happier and managing to stop the negative thoughts caused by the tense competitive atmosphere in my office. I have just notice that it states on the label "Take one daily. Do not stop taking unless your doctor tells you to stop". As my anxiety is caused by work I was not going to take any today as I am a happy calm bunny when at home, just Sunday night it starts when I know I have work next day....

I am just concerned that is I dont take now will I muck up the effect I.e. will it take a while to bring my mood back to normal next week at work to get back into my system so to speak?

Would appreciate any comments

Hope you all having a good weekend so far

Re: Half Beta-Prograne 80mg Sustained Release Capules

Hi, I'm on these too, and take one every day, as that is what was prescribed for me. Before I was on these I took the 40mg quick release, 3 x a day. If I missed a dose, I'd get a 'kick back' where my panic increased with my escalating heart rate! hense, putting me on the sustained release, which for me have worked really well. I'm not sure if you would get a 'kick back' response if you don't take them everyday. They stay in your sytem slowly releasing for 24 hours. You could give NHS direct a call if you can't speak to your Dr over the weekend?

Hi Bea66,

Thanks for your response, info much appreciated. I started to panic last night about going back to work and took one of my tabs, but unfortunately this morning I am right back to square one, the weather has been awful and my black mood and a worse depression that I just cannot shake has settled over me today it's worse than ever :-(

I guess that answers my question eh! lol!

I have appointment with Docs tomorrow so will see what they say....

Once again thanks for the response :-)

How did you get on with the docs? Are you feeling any better?

Hi, so sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys!

Docs not much help, I get terrible pains in my forearms and my veins seem enlarged when this happens, I get numbness of the hands and tingling, also bad dizzyness.... but Docs just said "oh its classic anxiety" keep taking the tablets!!

I just want to be taken seriously and what I would really like to know is will these tablets help to stop the anxiety or do I have to sort that our myself?? Just how long will I have to take these tablets for? Will I ever feel better

I feel a lot calmer at work when on the tablets, I have underlying health conditions and may need an op in the future for a heart condition, and all I really want to know from the Docs is, are the palpatations etc really being caused by the anxiety or is it my heart condition?! But noone seems to know/care!

Many thanks for listening

Hi again, I wish I could help, but I'm having similar problems! I truly thought I was having a heart attack last night, pain, tightness in chest, racing heart etc, went to docs this morning, ecg ok, blood pressure ok, pulse racing though. 'Classic panic attack, have some valium'. Trouble is, I have an ectopic heartbeat, pvc's and bigeminy, so am naturally worried that it could be genuinly heart related, but doc says no! I do hope he's right, I wish there was some definative test

I find beta blockers helpful and I don't worry too much about taking them long term. Lots of people with heart problems will be on them for life. You don't have to worry about Valium or SSRI type withdrawals with beta blockers either, as they are a totally different type of med and don't affect the mood/brain (as far as I'm aware). As long as you keep an eye on your blood pressure, and make sure your doctor monitors you, you should be fine. I used to take the slow release but they put my blood pressure too low (as I am also on a different type of med that lowers blood pressure). I have a blood pressure monitor at home which I use. Now, I will just take 20 or 40mg as needed. They do definitely help to relax the body and slow the pounding heart.

I have been feeling much better since taking the tablets and am still taking them, but yesteday and today I feel the cold blackness creeping in again..... :( I just cant shake it off again! Feel like I am stupid, useless, tearful and a waste of breath again! This I may add all being caused by two people at work who treat me like something on the bottom of your shoe and who "just dont like me as I will not conform to "their" ways"

Should I just keep going or should I go back to Docs?? Really feel as if they dont care or believe me because one of my parents (who goes to same Docs) has a history of having every illness going.... feel I am judged before I enter the surgery!

Many thanks for listening...

Dont know if this post still open. I packed up all my stuff and took it home, and one day my agressor had a "go" again I just picked up my bag and walked out... I was officially paid off but I started work for my partners company from home. I am very calm now because I dont have the bullying but I find myself very alone and worry about my partner finding someone else... hence the anxiety coming back... back in the black hole... Happy New Year by the way x

Thread Information