Thread: my seroxat hell

my seroxat hell

first of all i apoligise in advance for poor spelling grammar

i was prescribed seroxat in 2000 started off on 20mg then soon after put up to 40mg in the begining id expereince dizzyness and my anxiety actually seemed to be worse hence the up to 40mg.i became voilent and could literally turn at any point i became very paranoid.over the years this worsened i was petrified to go out for fear i would attack someone in the past 11 years i have conviction after conviction for voilence.i was never a voilent person and would run away from any form of altercation.my familly and freinds seen the change in me,to them i seemed distant.a few years ago i decided to ween myself of the seroxat over a period of 6 months.i can honestly say these were the worse days of my life the side effects were horrendous.i experinced mania for the first time in my life,i would constantly repeat random words to myself non stop(not out loud)after 3 months i could take no more of this so went back to seroxat.and continue to live a life not worth living.
    my advice to anyone AVOID SEROXAT AT ALL COSTS

Re: my seroxat hell

Sorry to hear about your experiences :( I also tried to wean myself off seroxat and it was the worst period of my life also, looking back now I can't even recall much details - it was some sort of crazy hazy hell. All I know is that I fell out with all my family and friends (very very unlike me) and nearly lost my job. (again, very unlike me) I am fairly sure I was very angry, very upset and very unstable. I have never felt worst, not even at my lowest. I have absolutely no idea how I got through it, but life was indeed hell. The only difference between your story and mine is that I somehow kept going. I'm not even sure how many months it took before I started to feel better, it was easily three, four, maybe five. Seroxat was definitely not for me and I have never gone back to anti'd's since.

That said some people have found them incredibly helpful. I guess we were unlucky. Not all drugs are a one-size fits all, and I think that GPs sometimes don't even know what they are prescribing.

I hope you find some help soon.

Hi lindy how long did you take Seroxat i was on it a long time did you cut it down gradualy when you stopped?? How long you been of it now? hope you dont mind me asking but ive been in the same situation Vetran

Quote Originally Posted by brummie39 View Post
    first of all i apoligise in advance for poor spelling grammar

i was prescribed seroxat in 2000 started off on 20mg then soon after put up to 40mg in the begining id expereince dizzyness and my anxiety actually seemed to be worse hence the up to 40mg.i became voilent and could literally turn at any point i became very paranoid.over the years this worsened i was petrified to go out for fear i would attack someone in the past 11 years i have conviction after conviction for voilence.i was never a voilent person and would run away from any form of altercation.my familly and freinds seen the change in me,to them i seemed distant.a few years ago i decided to ween myself of the seroxat over a period of 6 months.i can honestly say these were the worse days of my life the side effects were horrendous.i experinced mania for the first time in my life,i would constantly repeat random words to myself non stop(not out loud)after 3 months i could take no more of this so went back to seroxat.and continue to live a life not worth living.
    my advice to anyone AVOID SEROXAT AT ALL COSTS
    I'm sorry you had such a hard time with this drug. Of all the SSRIs I have tried - and there have been a lot of them - Seroxat was by far the hardest to come off. Yet there are people on here that will tell you that seroxat has worked wonders for them. But without wishing to be political, GlaxoSmithKline have got a lot to answer for when it comes to this drug.

http://fiddaman.blogspot.co.uk/
    Some of the stories on that site would scare a lot of people but I think it's important to be aware of what this drug has done to some people and it's written by someone who has suffered the consequences of it first hand. You may already be aware of it.

No one should terrify themselves googling side effects and horror stories of medication because you probably wouldn't even take cough syrup on that basis. But awareness and education are key.

Just to add my tuppence worth in!

I was on Seroxat for 14 years, it was without doubt the best drug for anxiety/panic disorder for me and I have been on many different drugs. Unfortunately it stopped working, possibly due to several issues in my life at the time and possibly hormone levels, I'm a 43 year old female. I cross-tapered onto escitalopram with no significant problems and was completely off it in 10 days.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I personally don't think "horror stories" about any drug are helpful as there are people on this site who may have just been prescribed it and are fearful enough of side effects.

One person's nightmare drug is another person's saviour!

Haz.

good old seroxat a?

it blows my mind that i didnt know that seroxat was tested for just 8 weeks before it was put on the market. So how would they know about long term side effects of what what would happen when people tried to come off of this drug years down the line? did they think what would happen when the drugs stopped working?

it also blows my mind that drug companies only need two positive trials to get a drug on to the market in america. so if they had 1000 trials and 998 have a negative effect the drug companies just need to submit 2 postive trials to the FDA and the drug is on the market.

i also didnt know that the drug companies conduct trials for their own drugs without having an independent body carry out studies so of course they can be selective in the results that they put through to the FDA.

i didnt know what social anxiety disorder (formally known as being shy) was made up by the marketing people to sell seroxat. not doctors, not shrinks but advertising people!

i believed the chemical imbalance nonsense - now i know that it is just a theory - how can you test for that?

the drug companies have made $$$$$.

i could go on and on but here is a 3 hour doc about it - it is very biased against anti - anti depressants but you will get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fduMpYhv1_M

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by robinbrum View Post
    No one should terrify themselves googling side effects and horror stories of medication because you probably wouldn't even take cough syrup on that basis. But awareness and education are key.
    cough syrup doesnt mess with the delicate brian chemisty though does it?

bob fiddaman is a legend.

cough syrup doesnt mess with the delicate brian chemisty though does it?

[/QUOTE]

Depends how much of it you take

Thread Information