Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think triggered your anxiety?

What do you think triggered your anxiety?

What does everyone think was the trigger for them first starting to suffer with Anxiety? I'm not talking about what triggers attacks here, but what people think was the very first thing that made them anxious in the first place...

For me, I think it is all related to a car accident I was in when I was 18 months old. I don't remember the accident, but from the court papers I was given when I turned 18 and received my compensation for my injuries I know that the crash caused the windows in the car to shatter, and then, when I was about 3 or 4 years old (it went on until I was about 8!) there is another entry that says I was on a bus with my mum, and somehow one of the windows smashed and I started screaming and crying that it was "like daddy's car", so obviously something in my subconscious remembered the accident, even though I was so young at the time. Nothing else really happened until I was 14 or 15 and on my way on the bus to my work experience placement for school. Again, a window smashed somewhere, and suddenly I remember being in a real panic. That's the earliest memory I have of having a PA, and my anxiety really kicked in a few months later, in the summer holidays, so I can't help but think that the three incidents are somehow connected, and that subconsciously I remember our original car accident...

Leah xx

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

The Drs think mine was due to being sexually abused 2 weeks after having my first son.

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Hi Leah,

Mine started when my dad died with cancer over 10 years ago hence my health anxiety.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Nothing really that's the annoying part. I put it down to my personality. A born worrier and over sensitive always trying to please etc...

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Im with Pips.
    Born worrier.....always have been.
    But it got real bad when I first moved out of home!!!!!

I only ever feel safe round certain people!

Hay x

Hi, i was born worrier also!
    Its in my genes on my dads side! My poor dad is loads worse than me and i really feel for him but he wont get help or speak to anyone, just blocks it out with doing sports and always on go!

Mine started after 3 long years of drug abuse,termination,Something which happened with a ex boyfriend!

april xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Mine was triggered by bullying plus my Mum is a worrier so I think it's genetic too.

Scooties Back

I am a born worrier too - runs in the family. I think mine first stated when I was doing exams at 16 - certainly the panic did but I can remember feeling anxious before then.

I have mostly health anxiety which has been a lot worse since I had the children - being a parent makes you very aware of your own mortality!

Jo Fitzgerald

of me dad!! i was not a worrier at all until 4 yrs ago- me dads been nervous all his life about everything, though he has never had a panic attack!! not only did he pass on his height to me he passed on his nerves- cheers daddy!!! lol

My anxiety/depression started with a failed relationship & happened every time I split up with a boyfriend or got divorced. My panic attacks started within an hour of me being admitted to hospital after taking an overdose, tablets would have caused cardiac arrest. I still panic now and its left me with health anxiety because I only have heart symptoms so I'm convinced the tablets damaged my heart, even though I have had ECG's. I hate it. Funnily enough, breaking-up doesn't bother me now!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information