Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think triggered your anxiety?

Cannabis triggered mine, god I remember it so well, it was the most frightening experience of my life, I swore I was going insane and wanted mum to take me to a mental instituation[:I] After 6 months or so I was fine, then a few years later I was having a few drinks with friends and it came on again!! for no apparant reason, I was having such a good time and it just came on, the spacey feeling after that lasted about 2 years, it was awful, And more reecntly the last anxiety attack I had was actually caused by reading symptoms of anxiety on a medical board..

I started suffering form depression as a young child and became anxious in my 20s. It all came about because I was brought up by an emotionally abusive alcoholic, bipolar mother nad pedophile father. I was constantly told I wasn't good enough, evil and wicked. In my teens my mother forced me to date a boy I hated and threatened me if I dind't go out with him. I also watched my mother beat my grandmother. I finally lfet home at 25 (yeah I know) and joined a church who ostricised me for no reason and started gossip. I then went on antidepressants. I lost numerous jobs, got accused of stealing, had a miscarraige and got diagnosed with a rare disorder. That takes us up to now.

i am never sure what stated me off i think i have always been an anxiuose person even when very young i have read lots of things that can trigger panic attack anxiety off one was a big electric shock round about the age of nearly 11 i had one of those i ran out the house screaming said i was going to die and afraid to sleep that night but alot of other stuff happend to me that could have helped like in 1962 my mum had ye another baby 5th one at home as her first baby was adopted to our auntie any way 1963 my grandmother died and she was like a 2nd mum to me i was only 8 i creid for so long
    1964 mum had another baby we moved house so new school i hated it then within twoo years of moveing there and i started seccondy school my life went paer shapped at age 12 and stayed that way i am now50 but i also read it could stem from a stressfull dilervry and my mam tells me she did have a bad time and i was 5 wks early any way sorry it goes on but would like to hear from others trish

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">i am never sure what stated me off i think i have always been an anxiuose person even when very young i have read lots of things that can trigger panic attack anxiety off one was a big electric shock round about the age of nearly 11 i had one of those i ran out the house screaming said i was going to die and afraid to sleep that night but alot of other stuff happend to me that could have helped like in 1962 my mum had ye another baby 5th one at home as her first baby was adopted to our auntie any way 1963 my grandmother died and she was like a 2nd mum to me i was only 8 i creid for so long
    1964 mum had another baby we moved house so new school i hated it then within twoo years of moveing there and i started seccondy school my life went paer shapped at age 12 and stayed that way i am now50 but i also read it could stem from a stressfull dilervry and my mam tells me she did have a bad time and i was 5 wks early any way sorry it goes on but would like to hear from others trish

<div align="right">Originally posted by trish1955 - 02 July 2006 : 11:02:18</div id="right">could any one with simler issues pm me
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi, good idea for a post.

I was working in a shop and within a few days of eachother I had a claw hammer held in my face by a guy trying to rob the place and also a man walked in and had a heart attack and died right in front of me. I had to stand there and watch people trying to resussitate him it was awful.Shortly after these two separate incidents I had a huge panic attack whilst at work (actually serving a customer) and then I had to leave my job as things just got so much worse, and here I am 6 years later still suffering.

Angie xx

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    I have probably been a bit of an over thinker, but I suppose it all happend to me when I ended up in hospital and nearly died. After that I just became soo consumed by my health and being ok that I forgot to live! I am getting better now, I still have my secret panics when I have a pain in a place I can't explain but now I just put it all to the back of my mind and try to forget about it. I found the more I thought or dwelled on something that was when panic would set it.

Take Carexx

Claire

onwards and upwards

I'm not really sure...........I always had low self esteem...........and there were a lot of deaths in my family before I turned 15 - the worst being that of my younger (11 yo ) brother who was killed in a car accident on my Dad's birthday - my Dad's best friend and next door neighbour was driving he car................my Dad also nearly died in the same accident and has had health problems ever since.............and sadly my mother never got over the death of her baby and has been an alcoholic ever since..............she has been in that many near death situations and I have received that many late night goodbye calls that I have lost count. (she is an abusive, self harming violent alcoholic).........basically my family was ripped apart the day my brother died and from that day on I tried to be wonderwoman - never making any waves always trying to be the perfect daughter, friend, wife and employee and then when I moved to Viet Nam over 2 years ago on a wild adventure before settling down and having children I started having panic attacks.......since then my day to day life has never been the same and like all of you I live with this daily torture......................but with the hope that one day I will emerge so much stronger for having been through this.

Re: What do you think triggered your anxiety?

I've always been laid back but to much work stressed me out then I took to overdoing the drink and it spirraled from there. Also probably the fact that my then wife was sleeping around and I found out but decided not to say anything and try and make it work. Bottling things like that up is not a good idea!

I'm also a born worrier but I started having panic attack-like symptoms when I was 5 - I heard voices and would feel dizzy and terrified. My Dad thinks this was caused by my asthma as the panic attacks came at a certain time of night and this was at around the same time I had previously woken up unable to breathe due to asthma when I was a toddler.

Genes!! and overwork. Always worried but I'd say the tipping point was working too hard running my own business....since then it's been tough.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information