Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Duloxetine

Re: Starting Duloxetine

I am in the same position as you. I don't feel any increased anxiety today...

Def stick with it.. Hopefully it will help!

Dan

Hi Dan,

You're on your second day of 60mg, right?
    I'm wondering if I'll need to go above 30 if I'm reacting to it as I am doing.. hmm.

Is your CBT today?

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedShirt View Post
    Hi Dan,

You're on your second day of 60mg, right?
    I'm wondering if I'll need to go above 30 if I'm reacting to it as I am doing.. hmm.

Is your CBT today?
    Hi,

Yep second day of 60mg. I think the dose in the BNF for anxiety is 30mg if necessary 60mg. With the possibility of going up to 120mg.

I would see how it goes really. If it helps after 2 weeks, but not enough maybe it would be worth asking if you can increase.

CBT is today at 5.30pm. Really nervous.

Dan

'Scuse my ignorance, but what's the BNF?
    The leaflet in the box states 30mg as a 'starting dose' with a normal dose for GAD being 60mg. I thought this meant going up to 60 after a week or so, but my doctor wants me to stay on 30 until a review in a month or so. I think I'm happy to stick with his advice, knowing how I've reacted so far.

No need to be nervous about CBT. If it's your first session you may well just be introduced to the overall concepts and theories about it. Good luck with it!

'Scuse my ignorance, but what's the BNF?
    The leaflet in the box states 30mg as a 'starting dose' with a normal dose for GAD being 60mg. I thought this meant going up to 60 after a week or so, but my doctor wants me to stay on 30 until a review in a month or so. I think I'm happy to stick with his advice, knowing how I've reacted so far.

No need to be nervous about CBT. If it's your first session you may well just be introduced to the overall concepts and theories about it. Good luck with it!
    British National Formulary - What docs use when prescribing meds, contains all the facts about prescribing, cost, side effects etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Formulary

Thanks

Dan

Well now, it's nearly 3:15am and about 90 minutes ago I woke up into a major panic attack! Not pleasant at all, one of the worst I think I've ever had. I took a 2mg of diazepam and it's taken the edge off it, but that was pretty scary..

This is proving to be tough going.

Hi it could be a bit of withdrawal off the mirtazapine, i swapped from mirt to venlafaxine and was having panic attacks for about a wk after stopping the mirt plus nausea, shakes etc but it does pass and im using diazepam to help through the change over, mirt can be a hard med to withdraw from apparantly x x

Hi Nicola,
    You could be right actually, I haven't given that enough consideration perhaps. I had a relatively good couple of days after stopping the mirtazapine, but I suppose there was Still some in my system then.

I'm a bit calmer now, but that was nasty!

Hi Nicola,
    You could be right actually, I haven't given that enough consideration perhaps. I had a relatively good couple of days after stopping the mirtazapine, but I suppose there was Still some in my system then.

I'm a bit calmer now, but that was nasty!
    Good to hear. How are you feeling now??

Hi Dan. I'm okish. Last night's panic has brought me down a bit really.

I've also got tinnitus (it started a couple of months after I started having panic attacks) and I when I get anxious it seems a lot worse. So last night it was screaming at me.

I had to consider whether the Duloxetine was directly exacerbating it.. but I've gone ahead and taken this morning's dose.

How was your CBT?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information