Thread: diazepam

diazepam

hi my dr has prescribed diazepam just 2mg to try and relax me through this very stressful time (im doing ivf) , any1 else had diazepam an did it help with anxiety ? ive took 1 about half hr ago an so far feel a bit tired

Re: diazepam

Lots of experience with diaz hun, used it on an 'as & when' basis for about 6 years and been on 12mg a day since november this time round. 2mg is a very low dose, shouldn't tire you out too much and you may just be slightly more 'chilled'....you probably won't even notice that you are, but you will be if you get what I mean. It has been a godsend for me and my anxiety. Hope this helps. Good luck with the IVF.
    Kitti

I'm a recent newcomer to the world of Diazepam. My doctor has given me a few to get through the nasty cross-over period between two ADs. I find 2mg just about enough to calm me down from a pretty-bad anxiety attack. It can take up to an hour for me to feel the effects, although most folk report about 15 - 30 minutes. Lasts a good few hours.

Good luck with the cross-over MrRedShirt....diaz takes about 30-40 mins for me....it's good stuff

Kitti

Thanks Kitt

I agree it's good stuff... it works!! I sort of wish it were still the 1970s when no-one knew about the tolerance and addiction issues.. Ah well.

it says on the packet 3 times a day , so how many hrs inbetween doses ? do u reckon 1 in the morning ,1 at midday ish an 1 at bedtime ? dr said it was also a ' as an when needed ' but at the moment im having bad anxiety 24/7 so will prob need 3 lots for a few days lol

Like MrRedShirts - view on benzos - yes given like sweets in the 1970s and early 1980s - I was put on them then and my old GP was giving them to me all the time only 21 - 1984 - naive - did not know of the addiction. Anyway - lorazepam - by the way still on them 0.5mg daily!! I know been on them too long but tbh they really help me and have been a lifesaver.

Any med that works brilliant for anxiety is addictive unfortunately.

Hi Karentia, yes, I take mine morning, late afternoon and then about an hour before bed...spread inbetween even(ish) hours. This works well for me and I am also able to take an extra as and when needed, which I rarely do unless I really need to. You'll be fine hun, try not to worry too much. Kitti

Quote Originally Posted by karentia View Post
    it says on the packet 3 times a day , so how many hrs inbetween doses ? do u reckon 1 in the morning ,1 at midday ish an 1 at bedtime ? dr said it was also a ' as an when needed ' but at the moment im having bad anxiety 24/7 so will prob need 3 lots for a few days lol
    About 4 hours between each dose is a rough guideline, but for 2mg tablets you could take them closer together if you need to. I take 5mg in the morning, 2mg at teatime and 4mg at bedtime.

Haz.

Thread Information