hello everyone new to this forum.. i ll keep it short.. i suffer with OCD, in particular its HOCD.. which has ruined my reputation to a great extent. but the word is getting out or should i say the truth.. we know in life ppl on most occasions gravitate towards bad news/gossip/rumor at every instance than when it comes to the truth..

I have [2] questions.. i have nt read any answers pertaining to them although i haven t googled it either..

1- how long does an OCD event tends to last on average..???

i know some of us have mild ocd others have severe. my major ocd anxiety spikes which i am going thru another major one tends to last on me 2-3 yrs .. my 1st one in 1997 was about that long .. right now i am going thru another major one at present and its 2yrs to date..but i have had obsessional thoughts throughout the yrs not aware that ocd was behind them though.. the usual FEARS , germs/hiv fears/ insanity/

2 - do older people in their 40s or 50s suffer with ocd ??

i have yet to hear of a distinct and confirmed experience for ppl in that age bracket.. i want to know whether OCD goes away or lose its full strength as we get older in life .. i am 34 right now