Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please remember why we are here

Please remember why we are here

Hi all

Firstly I just want to say a really big "THANKS" to all the members on here. I don't think I thank you "guys" enough for all you do to make this forum what it is.

We have had a few minor problems and moans on here recently and a few members getting upset because they felt they were not part of a clicky group, they didn't get enough replies to their posts, were left out, ignored, not emailed or PM'd enough etc etc.

I just want to remind people that the forum is entirely voluntary. No-one makes an income from it - not even me! All the administrators offered their time freely and all the members that post do so in their own time and when they can.

We have a superb community here and people that have been members for a long long time. They wouldn't come back if they didn't feel safe and welcome here.

Not everyone will reply to every post as it may not be relevant to them or they can't offer any advice so don't get upset if your post doesn't generate many replies. You can always make it "active" again by editing it and it will appear on the active topics list again.

Don't get disheartenend, upset or rejected if people don't reply straight away. I come home to over 100 active topics a day now and can't possibly reply to that many in an evening and I am sure I am not the only member like this. Imagine if you didn't come on for 2 days!

It takes time to read through the posts and reply so be patient and the replies WILL come in.

It also helps if you acknowledge replies to your posts as there is nothing worse than spending a lot of time replying to a post and offering support and advice and never knowing if that person even read it!

Please come back and update us on how you are doing. We love the success stories and people are motivated by seeing others succeed.

Above all enjoy your time here - it is not supposed to be stressful or annoying or make anyone feel left out or not part of the NoMorePanic community.

You lot make it happen and let's hope that continues.

Thank You

Nicola

Good post mate and I think it needed to be said to remind people.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

I have to say i have always felt very welcome, i have just been to chat for the first time in about a year and it was like i had never left. i try to look in once a week or so. but always know i can come here when my days are bad.

if it was not for this site i would have never got better.

keep up the good work

love & Light Sam x

Hi Nic, I have been here for quite a while now, this site did and still does offer and give me support, for that I thank you and everyone here xxjean

I don't know where I would be without this site. It is a godsend - as are you and the other administrators Nic! We all appreciate so much the time you spend replying and giving advice and we understand that there are so many it is impossible to reply to everyone.

Just a huge thanks to everyone!

"This too, shall pass"

I am so happy to be a real part of this site.

It has many more members now, and I often find that when I reply to a subject, others that have already replied are comparative newcomers. We have plenty of people supporting each other.

I do try and welcome as many people as possible, as it was the welcome by so many people when I joined, that helped me so much. It boosted my self-worth no end.

It is only natural for there to be a circles of friends on here, but I'm here for everyone. We all need each other.

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Nic,

I just want to say a big THANKYOU as i have found this site better than any counselling or therapy that i have been to.

i have made friends on here and always feel welcome

keep up the good work

take care

Ruth x x

thnx for that Nic - xxxooo
    I have so many great friends here that have helped me thru some really difficult times and there is so much great info here that has helped me to work thru things and start to take control of my life again (still a long way to go tho - lol)
    I'm so happy to have found a bunch of people who know how I am feeling. When I first became a member - it was such a relief to see that I wasn't the only one having these thoughts and feelings.
    Ray is right!!! We need each other...... Ok stop gloating Ray lol -
    We are all in this together - after all - we come here for support, info, and friendship.
    luv you guys and gals bunches XXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Hey Nic,

Thanks for reminding everyone of why this site is here. You all do a great job and work so hard to keep it up and running. I personally just wanna say thank you to u and all the other guys who give up their spare time to run this site. It has been such a great help to me and like so many others I have made some really good friends. The support from here has been overwhelming at times.

Regarding the posts, yeh it does take time to get through them all. Also sometimes, if i dont leave a post it usually is because it triggers off my own PTSD and can make my anx. worse. I'm sure I'm not the only person on the site that this happens to. I don't think anyone here would purposely not reply, u know.

Also the chat room has been a great support for me. We listen to each other's moans, symptoms, worries and of course we do also like to laugh. It is great to just chat to ppl who u know totally understand where ur comin from and never judge. I think that is what this site is all about.

Thank you again Nic and all ur merry men lol. You all do a fantasic job and I for one really appreciate it. Thank you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Take care,

Lin.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I only posted for first time the other day and everyone made feel very welcome and there advice really helped.Thx all its nice to talk to people that go through the same thing.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information