Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has any one managed to stay of seroxat and go med free???

Has any one managed to stay of seroxat and go med free???

Hi currently on day 44 of no Seroxat anyone ever managed to get off and stay off withought going on other meds ??? would realy appreciate anyones experiences thankyou

Re: Has any one managed to stay of seroxat and go med free???

Hi Karl
    Not personally but am interested to hear how you're getting on after stopping Sert. How do you feel?

only took sertraline for 21 days when i stopped seroxat found it horrible so stopped now taking nothing and want to stay of seroxat even though it did help in the past would like to be free of it for good

I did for a couple of years after being on them for about 10 years and found it quite easy.
    I then went through a divorce and stuff so unfortunately ended up back on meds that didnt help. Tried going back on seroxat about a week ago but they made me feel awful so I'm going down the exercise and diversion route.
    So yeah it can be done, I think its a case of finding something that can occupy you while your doing it.

Good luck !

I took meds for years. amitryptline... been off them 8 months now, so am med free!! and happier without them !! they dont cure anything, just mask, and if anything can give you a whole lot of other new symptons...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsky View Post
    I took meds for years. amitryptline... been off them 8 months now, so am med free!! and happier without them !! they dont cure anything, just mask, and if anything can give you a whole lot of other new symptons...
    Meds don't claim to cure anything. Only you can do that. The aim is to help reduce the distress felt. They are only one tool in a toolbox.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1234 View Post
    Meds don't claim to cure anything. Only you can do that. The aim is to help reduce the distress felt. They are only one tool in a toolbox.
    yep i know that Dan

i am on 8.4mg of paxil now after being on 20mg for 12 years.

i didn't know then but these are bad drugs that change the brain chemisty.

i have only got down from 20mg to 8.4mg - by doing the 10% taper every 3-6 weeks. when in the past if i missed a dose or tried to come off seroxat too quickly by dropping from 20mg to 15mg the head zaps and bad thoughts were so bad - so i would have to go back up to 20mg.

this time round by doing the 10% i have none of that - just my anxiety which i have anyway. i would be rather anxious off of seroxat then anxious on it!

i started tapering last july. i am looking at getting off it completely by next march.

a nice slow taper, where the brain can adjust back to baseline and i can still function and work, etc.

19 months taper in total.

lets get this done

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dan1234 View Post
    Meds don't claim to cure anything.
    yes they did.

the advertising campaigns in the 1990s' were criminal by telling us how wonderful these drugs could be.

we got lied to.

Actually drugs work amazingly well for some people. They can't get to the root of what's causing your depression or anxiety but they can certainly take away all the horrible feelings and leave you free to get on with your life without feeling suicidal!! They have worked brilliantly for me in the past and currently feeling pretty good on Prozac.

Everyone's different and I know some prefer not to take medication but THEY DO WORK. If you want to get to the root of your depression or anxiety then CBT/therapy is helpful and making changes in your life. However, some people have these problems for no reason that they can identify and so medication is the best answer for them.

how do they work then? please explain this to me.

thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information