Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has any one managed to stay of seroxat and go med free???

Re: Has any one managed to stay of seroxat and go med free???

I'm not a doctor Julianneboo I just know that they take away all the anxiety and depressed feelings. When I first took Prozac it was like a light being switched on.

they take away everything else too.

feeling happy, feeling sad, always hungry after eating, etc

i ended up not feeling anything on these tablets.

Not everyone is the same. I take meds and they help me by making me feel less anxious and depressed. I still have normal emotions like happy, sad, anger, annoyed just like everyone else has these emotions.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Just because antidepressants didn't work for you Julieannboo is not a reason to go around telling anyone who will listen how evil they are. Don't be so selfish.
    Last edited by haz; 05-04-12 at 19:14. Reason: missed word

Thanks for your replies means alot guys Karl

Quote Originally Posted by haz View Post
    Not everyone is the same. I take meds and they help me by making me feel less anxious and depressed. I still have normal emotions like happy, sad, anger, annoyed just like everyone else has these emotions.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Just because antidepressants didn't work for you Julieannboo is not a reason to go around telling anyone who will listen how evil they are. Don't be so selfish.
    They worked for me 9 years out of the 12 years. I wish that that i had been given the information by doctors at the time:
    I was never told that these drugs dont work forever.
    I was never told that when seroxat stopped working for me i would be in 'poop out' which would mean bad withdrawal symptoms despite still being on the drug.
    I was never told that i couldnt just stop taking these because the withdrawal is the same as a blunt trauma to the brain hence the brain zaps, suicidal thoughts, ramped up anxiety, etc. and the withdrawal symptoms are often worse then what you went on it for in the first place.
    I was never told docs do not know how these drugs work and they change the precious brain chemisty.
    I was never told that the 'chemical imbalance' theory is just that; a theory.
    I was never told that you cannot be tested for depression by doing a brain scan or blood test but it based on someones opinion whether they decide to put you on these drugs.
    I was never told that 'social anxiety' was a made up name for shyness which the advertising company come up with so they could promote the use of seroxat for GSK.
    I was never told that i would feel apathy towards my family and friends and not care about my appearence.
    I was never told that i would be constantly tired and after having 10 hours sleep of a night i would be sleeping up to 4 hours in the afternoon.
    I was never told that my appetite would go through the roof and i would gain 24 pounds despite never having a weight problem pre seroxat.
    I was also unaware that the anti depressant industry is a billion dollar a year money making operation.
    I was never told that the drug companies who push these drugs through are also on the boards of the FDA so there is a huge conflict of interest.
    I never knew that doctors vote on what different types of depression to put into the dsm medical book by a show of hands.
    I was never told that seroxat was tested for only 8 weeks before it went out on the market.
    I was never told how to wean off of this slowly.

IF i was told all of this at 19 years of age when i was prescribed seroxat then i could have made an INFORMED choice.
    Last edited by julieannboo; 05-04-12 at 21:52.

Well, I was on Seroxat for 14 years and apart from gaining some weight (ALL anti-depressants have a tendency to do this) and the odd brain zap just before my period, I suffered no other side effects and came off them without any signficant problems.

SO I REPEAT, WE'RE NOT ALL THE SAME!

Quote Originally Posted by haz View Post
    Well, I was on Seroxat for 14 years and apart from gaining some weight (ALL anti-depressants have a tendency to do this) and the odd brain zap just before my period, I suffered no other side effects and came off them without any signficant problems.

SO I REPEAT, WE'RE NOT ALL THE SAME!
    Ignore her. Nearly all her posts are trying to promote this " paxilprogress.org" site even when it has no relevance.

Does this count as ???

I dont know what you mean by saying paxil progress isnt relevant?
    Anyway point taken. I wont post again about this.

I have been seroxat free for 8 months without taking other meds just omega 3, cod liver oil and multi vits. I have ups and downs and still feel I am not back to 'normal' I tapered but probably too quickly in hindsight. I was on seroxat for 14 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information