Thread: 1 Week Into 10 mg Citlopram... how long do I keep feeling this way

1 Week Into 10 mg Citlopram... how long do I keep feeling this way

Hi

I am 1 week into taking 10 mg of citlopram for anxiety/depression following a period of hightent health anxiety due to a taste in my mouth and a miscarriage.

I have taken citlopram before for post natal depression and was on 20 mg and it work wonderd for me. I was on them for 8 months and came off in April 2010 with no issues. Well none for two years anyway.

I remeber it making me feel a bit worse last time to start with but cant remember when I started to feel better.

Well this time even though I am only on half the dose my aniety has increased two fold since about day three (Saturday). I have slight SE in having a fuzzy head and a bit neauseas with little appitite (although I am eating). But its the anxiety thats got me.

I feel worse in the mornings and by the evning I am normally a lot calmer. I am managing to carry on with life as normal as possible. Coming to work every day and husband is wonderful and taking on a lot of the chores at home that I just cant seem to face at the moment.

I just wndered if 10 mg is enough or if I really need 20 mg and also how long until I stop feeling so anxious and tearful.

I am also atteidng NLP sessions at the same time.

Any help or encouragement will be much appreciated. I just want to feel like I did six months ago when every day was just a day and I didnt wake up thinking, am I ok or not today!

Re: 1 Week Into 10 mg Citlopram... how long do I keep feeling this way

give it anothe week chick and see if there is any improvement. if not then go talk to your doc!! the fuzzy head and feeling of passing out is the worst but going for a walk helps clear mine!!, im on 10mg too and the first week was awful, after that i felt great!! keep happy chick ang hang in there!!

the same drug doesnt always work second time around.

good site which has helped me loads is paxilprogress.org
    Last edited by julieannboo; 05-04-12 at 16:27.

Hi,

I am not 10mg day 37 for me had a good week last week but in a bit of a blip this week. Mixture of anxiousness and crying, feel a bit better today so hopefully it is starting to pass. If not I will be mentioning it to GP to see if he thinks I should increase!!

Hope your feeling better soon. The SE took about 2 weeks to go with me.

Take care

Kendra x

Hi Kendra. I have been reading your posts and they have kept me going the last week knowing I am not alone. I too have a two year old little boy. Today so far has been a good day. Yesterday was awful. Hope you are having a good day.

Hi of try and stick it out. I started on 20 mg of cit and found the side affects very nasty . But know I'm on week 5 and had my dose increase to 40 mg and finding to side affects ok . I seem to be getting my life back some what now with me the side affects lasted 2 to 3 weeks hope this helps good luck

Thread Information