Thread: lymph node back of neck

lymph node back of neck

I'm pretty sure this little bump is a lymph node, it is pea sized and squishy so not of a size that should concern me. It just has been really sore the past two days and I don't know why, as I haven't been sick. Any thoughts on what area this one drains? No cuts on my scalp or anything, I do have a couple pimples but those are on the other side. I have no clue what could be causing it to be sore and I don't want to google it to terrify myself ... I learned that the hard way with lymph node things.

Re: lymph node back of neck

I wouldn't worry about it... (although I know we all worry about everything, which is why were are here!). I became an expert of sorts on lymph nodes (I didn't even know what they were 6 months ago!). Small and squishy is great, and normal. And if it hurts, it is prob just a little local infection that most people wouldn't even notice. It might not even be the lymph node, it might be nearby and you feel it there cause you know the node is there. Anyway, don't worry. Nothing in that post sounds the least bit concerning.

Thanks for your response, you are probably right. I now have noticed two more lower down ... it's like in a chain almost. They are sore and swollen, but no bigger than maybe 0.5 cm, maybe .75 I don't know. I have a REALLY sore spot on my neck up higher that I had thought was just a muscle strain ... My neck injures quite easily ... wondering if that can make all of those nodes below it swollen and sore? Maybe I am just getting sick.

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this little bump is a lymph node, it is pea sized and squishy so not of a size that should concern me. It just has been really sore the past two days and I don't know why, as I haven't been sick. Any thoughts on what area this one drains? No cuts on my scalp or anything, I do have a couple pimples but those are on the other side. I have no clue what could be causing it to be sore and I don't want to google it to terrify myself ... I learned that the hard way with lymph node things.
    Hi I was just sat watching tv and had a itchy scalp, whilst scratching i noticed a pea like hard lump on the back of my neck, more to the right, and im guessing its my lymph node i can feel mine and im not even sick. I wouldnt worry hun
    xx

Well they ended up getting worse .. my whole neck aches and I got a fever so I went to the docs and was given antibiotics. He assured me that my nodes are not similar to lymphoma at all and to not worry. Now just waiting to feel better! Thanks everybody for your support.

Exclamation Re: lymph node back of neck

I could use some input ... just took day 3 of a 5 day course of antibiotics and I don't feel better yet. Still fever, painful swollen glands, muscle aches. I was ok to just keep waiting it out but now all of my skin has a pink/red tone to it. Is this due to the fever or something that I should be worried about??? Any input please, I am really nervous now.

Thread Information