Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ffs

Ffs

I went to the doctor on Monday about my stools being loose and watery about once every week or two since April and the blood ont eh toilet paper, so he felt up my anus and couldn't find any growths but said he felt a cracon the opening and it's normal. He didn't seem bothered about the watery stool thing.

It's still happening and I'm getting really worried now that I've got colon cancer. I don't have black stools or any visible signs of blood but I'm still getting worked up. I was feeling better over the past few weeks, when distraction seemed to be taking my mind off things.

Does anyone else have regular watery stools that are confirmed nothing to worry about?:(

Hi Boy, I think everybody at some point probably suffers from this, what sort of things do you eat, as that can have alot to do with it. Do you eat plenty of fibre?
    If you are still concerned, you should go back to your doctor and ask him to check your stools, which can then be sent to a lab. I have had this test done before which is very simple. At least it will put your mind at rest.

Best wishes,

Polly

It happens about once a week and a half average and has been happening since April. Is that how other people have had it? I have had my fair share of greasy foods (pizza hut, msdonald's) in recent times but most recently I ate spag bol and beef cassorole.

If I really can't take it any more I'll go abck to the doc's.

Hi boy,
    I went through the same thing you're going through a couple of years ago. I didn't have loose stools, though. It turned out that it was a fissure (just a cut/crack) in my rectum. However, to determine this, I had to go through some sucky tests- a flexible sigmoidoscopy (camera to look at your lower intestines) and a barium enema (this one was the worst). Aside from the fact that they stick things up your bum to do these tests, the prep was no fun either as you're required to take laxatives and do several enemas. If the blood on your toilet tissue is bright red, I wouldn't really worry about it. Fissures can take a long time to heal as they can't dry out properly. Try eating lots of fiber and taking stool softeners to prevent aggrivating it. Hope this helps.

April

Hi Boy, perhaps you may have an excess of a certain ingredient, I notice all the foods you mention contain tomato or its extract, which can in some people cause excessive bowel movement. I know someone who if he eats anything containing a high level of toms, will pass through him like an express train.

Best wishes,

Polly

Hello Boy, Yes I have the same problem often. It seems that I am constantly running to the toilet. It seems to be some kind of joke with my family. [:I] Because I will yell at who ever is in the bathroom to get out now!!!!! And if I eat to much or even if not I always have to go. Wiping to much makes me bleed, could this be your problem? If you are still worried go see another Dr. and tell him or her what is going on. Take care and hope you feel better. Oh, I forgot to say that the fear and nervous caused by the panic attacks my be causing you some of problems.

Twila

Hi Boy
    Just I too suffer from watery stools. This has been since I have started having anxiety. Mine are every morning.Of course that is when my anxiety is worse. I don not have it through out the day. I think all it is is just your anxiety. I don't think you have anything to worrry about.
    Debera

I hope it's only anxiety. I had bad dairrohia in April where it was pure liquid for a couple of days and I was vomitting. Maybe whatever bug it was is lingering?

Hi boy, I had a tummy bug in April which made me feel very nauseas (is that how you spell it?!), and my tummy is only just getting back to anywhere near normal now - I still feel bloated and a bit queasy after I eat, and my appetite has taken a nose dive. I think bugs can sometimes upset your insides for a while afterwards, especially if you are prone to a gripey-tum through anxiety anyway.

Leah xx

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

I hope it's just anxiety. I didn't really think it was possible. I rememebr someone saying before, but and it really do this?

It would also be fine if it was the bug lingering, and seeing as yours was in April it checks out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information