I was brave and signed up to a new dentist and look where its got me. I wish I hadn't bothered and just put up with the pain. About three/four weeks ago I had a tooth pulled out was in loads of pain so went back to dentist and he gave me some antibotics as socket was infected. I had to go back again on tuesday because my gum above the extraction site had gone bright red, swollen up and was oozing pus whenever I touched it. The dentist (whos not my normal dentist) didn't bother to x ray me again just started firing me questions, which in the state I was in I couldn't really answer properly. He started off saying that it should be well on to healing by now and he can't see how the socket would be infected as it had healed over. Salt water wouldn't help it becuase it couldn't get to the infection. He did in the end look at it and give me some anti botics. He then looked at my first xrays and said if it comes back again they would do move xrays to see whats going on because it might be a slight bone infection.

So of course its just playing on my mind all the time, I'm checking i very five mintues, keep squashing it which makes it hurt more. I've just spent three hours googling and now I'd obessed I've got a infection in my jaw Surely if the bone was infected before I had the tooth out it would of shown it on the xray. I keep doing this to myself and I can't get out the habit. Yesterday I had a panic attack and I've not had a big one like that for over a year. I just know what to do I don't want to go down this road again. Sorry for the moan just had to get it out