Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: don't think they work no more

don't think they work no more

I changed to tablets and so far i've taken 7 since January. First tab I took it drowsed me good, but that's all, other ones doing not much. The liquid kicked in straight away but after half the bottle went it stopped working much too and bottle doesnt last long.
    I find tabs easy (but hate swallowing them) as can just take them in my bag everywhere I go and last longer than liquid.

I took one half hour before an appointment and my tummy was still like a washing maching, felt anxious, it helped my tummy a tiny bit. Even tried taking it an hour before appointment but same.
    Why won't they work anymore? Am I taking them wrong, I do have trouble swallowing it like I have it in mouth for ages swilling water round but it dosnt shrink, so I know I swallowed it whole. Plus I had to go on a bus back from city and I felt so travelsick. It's put me off, even taxi made me travel sick. Maybe it's the tabs.
    I have to use a bus next week and i'm praying Diazepam works as have an appointment in the city too. I go in taxi and back on bus, if can't do bus I have taxi back. But expensive.

Have they not worked for anyone else? Or is it just me,. I don't get how it worrked well the first tab and the more ive taken the less they do.

I've been on and off diazepam for 3 years, but only take it when I have appointments and that was never many.

Re: don't think they work no more

What dose are you on? I am finding that I need 15mg if I'm in a really severe panic.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

I also combine them with beta blockers for a better effect.

im on 2mg..

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyblue View Post
    im on 2mg..
    says it all really.

2mg is such a tiny dose. I have always found I need around 4 or 5mg to actually notice I've taken something.

Also, tolerance can build up pretty quickly. At one time I could take 5mg and go out and do pretty much anything. Now, I would need more. And I only use them sporadically...

they dont work for me at all nor does lorzapam.

joy

I aked my shrink why diaz and lorz dont work for me. It seems 10% people it doesnt work for. Great he couldnt give me any thing else except wait for new mkeds to work, mean while the walls are getting footprints while Iclimb round them.Anybody got any ideas

Love Joy

Have you tried anything like Pregabalin Joy? I haven't tried it myself but I have noticed information about it on here. No doctor has ever mentioned it to me and as a medication I don't really understand what it's for.

Oh, and have you tried Propranolol? I find it helpful to stay physically calmer, but it doesn't relax my mind, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by grotbags View Post
    Have you tried anything like Pregabalin Joy? I haven't tried it myself but I have noticed information about it on here. No doctor has ever mentioned it to me and as a medication I don't really understand what it's for.

Oh, and have you tried Propranolol? I find it helpful to stay physically calmer, but it doesn't relax my mind, if that makes sense.
    I asked my doctor about Pregabalin and he said he would not prescribe it for anxiety, only migraine, epilepsy and something else I can't remember.

BobbyDog

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDog View Post
    I asked my doctor about Pregabalin and he said he would not prescribe it for anxiety, only migraine, epilepsy and something else I can't remember.
    Weird because it is licensed for anxiety. No licence for migraines...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information