Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pure O

Pure O

Hi - can anybody tell me what meds are good for this condition other than SSRIs?

Have not been diagnosed with this but feel I have suffered with this mildly for years - Prozac stopped it, but no longers works and the thoughts have come back. Long story but SSRIs are not suiting me at all.

Wonder if anyone could help. Seeing a psychiatrist soon but would be interested in any information/medications on it.

Thanks in advance

Laura

Re: Pure O

Hi Laura, I'm no doctor, but I know someone who was on clomipramine (one of the older tricyclic ADs) for his OCD and he said it worked like magic.

He's since moved onto Paroxetine, I think because of the fewer side effects.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Mr Red - I have heard of the former one being used for this but the other one is an SSRI isn't it?

Yes it is, otherwise known as Seroxat. Reason I mentioned that was to point out the thing about side effects - I think they're generally worse with the older tricyclics.

Other than those, and SSRI/SNRIs, I'm not sure.. would something like Pregabalin work on O/OCD? I think I saw a thread asking that very question on here a while back...

Hi - thanks for that - trying to diagnose myself - lol - see what the "expert" has to say"

How are you feeling today?

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

He'll need his Nurofen that day - Im sure!

Clomipramine - gold standard for OCD

I haven't been too bad today. Just really really tired and a bit jittery. I actually had a nap and felt very calm! I have a headache now though, I hope it's just a random one and not a side effect.

Are you not going to try Venlafaxine?

Thanks both for your information.

Hope you have a good nights - I am off now to la la land! Well I take longer now to get there! Used to drop off really quick!

Speak to you soon

Laura

Hi Laura,

I just asked my chum for more details and he said that it was hard to know if Paroxetine is any better or worse than clomipramine, as when he swapped his symptoms were under control, so on the whole he would suggest clomipramine as the better starting med for it.

Don't know if that's any help, but there you go

Hi Mr Red - thanks for that info - is your friend doing ok?

How are you doing? feeling still jittery? I am pleased you have Dan to talk to - sounds like you both have the same thing.

Speak to you soon

Laura

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

ps I mentioned to Dan a good book

At Last a Life - Anxiety free - by Paul David - google it - this bloke has been through crippling anxiety and come out the other side - highly recommend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information