Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pure O

Re: Pure O

I just had a snooze too

I'm still groggy from it, not sure where my head is. I think this snoozing/physical tiredness is due to the meds, I'm not usually like this, even on the mritazapine I was more with it.

Still a bit shaky, but no huge anxiety today.

Think I'll have a peppermint tea.

Have you had any more thoughts about your medication, if any?

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

Hi - yes it will be the Duloxetine - early days. My anxiety has got worse, strangely as the day has gone on - will take a lorazepam shortly. Have been very tearful for quite a while now (everyday) and feel very lightheaded.

Think because meds are getting out of my system. Have been Sertraline free for 2 weeks now.

I will definitely need some medication - I don't want SSRIs - I will leave it partly up to him based on my diagnosis. Just the ruddy side effects not looking forward to.

Dan sounds as though he is having a rough day and pm him - haven't heard anything.

Staying at my parents whilst I am like this - husband is working very long shifts at the moment - only live in the same village! go back daily but do not like being in the house on my own when anxiety is bad.

Enjoy your peppermint tea - I sometimes get some peppermint essence (Waitrose do good ones) the ones using for baking and put a small amount in, say, a sherry glass and top up with warm water that is very soothing.

I think I'm becoming more anxious as the day's wearing on too. I have tinnitus and it's a bit like an 'anxiety-ometer' and it's currently starting to feel more intrusive.

Feel free to not say, but is there a reason you don't want SSRIs?

You could always join Dan and me on the good ship Duloxetine...

The side effects, well yes.. but they (mostly) pass and not everyone gets them.

I'm enjoying my different teas, I have to say. I ordered a nice little selection from the Twining's website.

Hi there

I was on Prozac 20mg for 15 years worked well - then stopped working - upped to 40mg horrendous anxiety - could not sit still - it was terrible.
    Then on Mirt for 6 weeks - nothing for mood - only good for sleep and eating.

Tried Prozac for a second time - 3 weeks into pure hell, black cloud felt suicidal really in a bad way.

Tried Sertraline again 3 weeks into the black cloud - this was not a side effect but worsening of depression. So am reluctant to go back on them.

I want something to stop the irrational thoughts - like at the beginning of this thread seem to have some pure o traits? Sound a complete nutcase when I put it like that!

What are your views?

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Think I shall start calling you Mr Twinings!

Well, according to the NICE guidelines, you qualify for consideration of clomipramine. But being one of the old tricyclics, more side effects are likely. HOWEVER, I'm only repeating what I've read here, I've no anecdotal evidence about the side effects of clomipramine - they might turn out to be tolerable and it's just one of those things that gets said to cover all eventualities..

I'm sure your p-doc will be able to advise you more thoroughly.

Oh and my views are... you're not a nutcase

Hi - thanks for that info - much appreciated.

Speak to you soon - going to log off in a bit - been on this most of the day!

Laura

Personally I would prefer clomipramine over SSRI type medications for OCD. Pregabalin for anxiety, and hopefully duloxetine for anxiety/depression.

P docs are the best to advise. GP's are shite.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information