Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another post lol.. hyperventilating symtoms without hyperventilating??

Question another post lol.. hyperventilating symtoms without hyperventilating??

hey guys when i had the ambulence lady hear when havin chest problems, i told her i had anxiety and the symtoms of hyperventilatin cause chest pain etc so it could have been that but she said i wasnt hyperventilatin and my bp etc was all normal so it wernt due to that, so now i have numb tingly gums and my breathin is slow and heart rate slow and normal so why am i gettin the numb tingly feelin in my gums if im not hyperventilatin?? ps the doctor at the hospital taught me how to check my heart rythm and heart rate xx

Re: another post lol.. hyperventilating symtoms without hyperventilating??

sherylee you have to take a step back.
    this site is feeding your anxiety (i am the same its a vicious circle)
    the more advice we get the more we need.
    you need help accepting all these sypmtoms from a proffesional and learning to cope with your anxiety.
    I wish you well x

I agree with Emma. Anxiety and panic attacks can cause so many symptoms and you can't explain them all. Sometimes I feel lightheaded for hours and I'm not hyperventilating, but it's just part of the condition. I would advise getting professional help because I can tell you are extremely anxious about your health. I am as well, so I really feel for you! But you're not going to be able to move forward until you stop letting the symptoms control you.

thats the thing though when professionals tell you somethin that you have been told can cause things and they say no, what am i meant to think?? i just wanted opinions on it tbh, i rarely see my gp about anxiety i deal with it on my own without meds too, i think im doin very well i am seein a counciler soon though just to help but as i said when a pro tells you somethin like that it leads you to question alot of what you believed was right if that makes sence xx

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

ps my gp thinks im copin tramendously with my anxiety and is very impressed with me and agrees i dont need meds xx

I don't think you are coping very well based on the posts on here to be honest.

No you don't need meds but you do need some help with rationalising every ache and pain before panicking about it

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

beleive me if you knew the amount of thoughts i have that i rationalise by myself compared to the amount i post about youd see it in a different way, i tell my gp everythin and he has decided i am copin well not just him but my mental health team who recently discharged me due to them fellin their help was no longer needed yes i post often but that doesnt mean im not copin, as i said i dont panick about every ache and pain thats quite an asumption without soundin rude, i post about 10% of my worries (the ones i cant rationalise the rst i can brush off within 5 mins

Sherylee ..Have you been offered any CBT ? I do honestly think you need some help with the HA ..Does your Dr know you are posting on an Anxiety forum to the extent you are hun ? Its easy to give the Drs a wrong impression of how we really are feeling ..Have you thought about doing an onine course of CBT or the one that is offered on here ? sue x

ps i had a phone call from my gp yesterday as i havent been there in such a long time he wondered how i was if thats not copin then id hate to think what id be like if i was really not copin lol

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

yes he does i tell him about the posts i make as i jot them down for him to see as i did with my mental health team and we disguss the other thoughts iv had and weigh it up to what i was like 6 months ago and im alot better as i said compared to the thoughts i do rationalise to the ones i cant and i post about its really not that much, yinno when you feel your doin good then get told your not it has a huge knock on affect :/ xx

Sorry but you still need a lot of help and discharging you is not a good idea.

If you were coping you wouldn't post this much though and I appreciate that you say it is less than before but it is still way too much (in my opinion)

It is very nice of the doc to call you - most don't do that so you are lucky.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

We posted at the same time.

I am so pleased you were better than 6 months ago - well done on the progress.

I was just worried that the mental health team have discharged you when you clearly need more help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information