Thread: How to get relationships back on track?

How to get relationships back on track?

Hi,

Haven't been here since just before christmas...
    have been solving a lot of my issues after taking a lot of time of work..
    I has a blip a few weeks back,due to an illness but generally have been well. I'm not saying I have been anxiety-free but I've felt good.
    have recieved counselling for phobias and parent- relationship problems.

I have been extremely lucky these last 2 years with my boyfriend of 9 years being very supportive and looking after me and being patient. But now I feel that he has this mis-conception that I'll always be plagued with severe anxiety problems. I've told him there'll probably be ups and downs but at the moment I'm good. How do I prove to him that I'm doing ok? How can I relieve some pressure from him. How can I try and get back to how we were before I started suffering.

thank, x

If I'm still breathing I know its not worth giving up

Re: How to get relationships back on track?

I'm glad that your boyfriend has been supportive, he sounds just like mine - I feel pretty blessed too, but I find myself having the same concerns. I want to reassure him that I'm fine and take some pressure off his shoulders.

I think the only way we can do that is by being positive and SHOWING him that we're OK - I believe that if you are feeling better it will all come across in your attitude, body language etc. No need for anything fancy, really, in my opinion. Try not to mention your issues so much when you're feeling good - and just enjoy being together Don't keep saying "I'm doing so much better with my anxiety, you know". When you're feeling alright, let it go and enjoy yourselves

Hi,

I'm going through the same thing at the moment. I've been with my boyfriend almost two years and he has been so supportive of my whole anxiety ordeal and has reassured me to a point where I finally feel myself coming out of this. Don't get me wrong - he still finds some things strange as he isn't fully "clued" up on what anxiety is and what's making me feel the way that I do. But I'm more than grateful for all he's done for me.

I went through a phase of buying him gifts to make him feel good, although it was lovely, it's not emotional enough to prove that I'm okay and I still love him and I'm still here. I try to tell him how much I love him every single day and focus on him and him only when I'm with him. Realising how lucky you are to BE with someone like that really can open your eyes and actions speak louder than words, so prove to him you're there for him too and that you still love him.

Just enjoy the present moment, smile when he speaks, laugh at his jokes, show interests in what he likes - that's enough to prove anything.

I hope it all works out x

thanks guys..all good advice x x

If I'm still breathing I know its not worth giving up

Thread Information