Thread: to propranolol or not ?????

to propranolol or not ?????

hi

Wanted a bit of advice i was perscribed propranolol a few weeks back cause i felt jittery i am also on 10mg of cit

typical me i have kept them in my cupboard and not taken them yet as worried about them they are 10mg 3 times a day or when required

I dont get palps as such but i have had bad chest pain and i tight chest for a while now and its starting to get me down i know they are used for palps but can they help chest pain ??? also have had the shivers and wondered if it help them too

sorry im such a chicken when trying meds i know it is a low dose and should just give them a go but everytime i think right i will try one now something comes up or someone comes round

any advice or anyone taking them that have helped

Re: to propranolol or not ?????

Hi hun i used to take 80mg of the slow release propranolol and i got no side effects off them but personally they didnt help me but my cousin swears by them so its worth a go just to see if they help you and it is only a low dose youve got x x

thanks nicola x

i know my dr will ask me on tuesday if i tryed them and if i havent he may not up the cit

I really cant understand why youve been left on only 10mg of cit? It isnt even the theraputic dose or the maintenance dose? I think if you increase to 20mg you will feel alot better, when i was on cit i needed 30mg to be stable and 'normal' lol x x

Hi, when i first started with anxiety and palps i was given propanol to use when needed, just 10mg 3 times a day. its a very low dose. i have been on the cit for 6 weeks now and have been taking the propanol to help me deal with the side effects and they've really helped me i will continue taking them till im really feeling better. im one of them that swear by them cos they've helped me a lot. good luck .

Lesley xx

thanks lesley i will give them a go as the physical symptoms are really draging me down at the moment xx glad they have helped you

i know nicola i dont know why either

well took my first one today and will see how i go xxx

Thread Information