Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cure for loose stools?

Question Cure for loose stools?

Anybody know a cure for loose stool/sticky/diarrhea type? Is there any methods which work for everybody. Do I need more water/more bread anything like that to cure it? And how much can anxiety affect it?

Re: Cure for loose stools?

Have you tried fybogel?

Quote Originally Posted by dan1234 View Post
    Have you tried fybogel?
    Only tried buscopan not that one above.

I'm trying to find some natural methods non med. I know some tea's can be of use? Purchased a smoothie marker today aswell.

I need a cure as it's a bit of an inconvenience.

Immodium works for emergencies, but isnt really a long term thing. If you are getting it all the time then you would need to look at your diet to see if something is causing it, maybe something you eat that is disagreeing with you and causing it ? also Buscopan which is for IBS can help.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewales View Post
    Immodium works for emergencies, but isnt really a long term thing. If you are getting it all the time then you would need to look at your diet to see if something is causing it, maybe something you eat that is disagreeing with you and causing it ? also Buscopan which is for IBS can help.
    Yes I'm sort of keen to avoid the Immodium as it masks the problem. Also if it is something diet related I'd rather eat more healthy to be more healthy. There's a few things I can pin point as being worse but it's hard to keep a diary as I can eat healthy one day but still get the problem, but eat curry and not get any issues but generally curry is worse.

I have corn flakes in the morning which seems high in fibre I find I need to do fairly soon after. Should I look at some sort of food intolerance testing?

Might be worth it just in case it is an allergy or something, generally anything spicy or very rich won't help, so try and stick to really plain food

Guess it's not a good idea to google last week it was bowel obstructions this time it says loose stools can mean a liver failure?

Did you ever read my PM Phil as you keep ignoring me when I ask

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Did you ever read my PM Phil as you keep ignoring me when I ask
    Coeliac disease? Well it's throw of the dice is it piles, IBS, Crohn's disease I don't think all these diagnosis are much use to me. All comes down to diet. I'm pretty sure I could cure all my anxiety if I stopped labeling each symptom or disorder like OCD, IBS ect. I've had the odd PM over the years saying your issue could be this or that and years ago doctors tried to see if I had aspergers.

End of the day I need to get back to living my life. I know I have issues but I do remember when I had none. I reckon people with no anxiety are able to brush off stomach upsets or flu or whatever it is and let it pass without worry which is where I am aiming to be.

i had that for some time i found it was because i was eating to much fat in my diet
    i cut out the fat and after a week i am back to normal
    in my case it was pringles i would eat a dupe of them all to myself every night
    and on top of that i had chips 2 or 3 times a week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information