Thread: Bright red blood on toilet seat

Bright red blood on toilet seat

I've had a smudge of bright red blood on the toilet seat since Friday. Is it hemorrhoids and is it serious?

The reason I think it may have started on Friday is I had a bit of diarrhea at work and I may have over used toilet roll quite hard on that area but usually it only lasts a day or two max.

So is it normal?

Re: Bright red blood on toilet seat

If you're worried phone NHS DIRECT

Hi....

I've had times during moments of loose stools actually causing a cut from excessive wiping. And too see blood...on the tissue not on the seat though...

Give it a couple of days and if no Improvement ask your GP...I doubt it's anything serious prob a cut...does it hurt or is it sensitive when wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by Em84 View Post
    Hi....

I've had times during moments of loose stools actually causing a cut from excessive wiping. And too see blood...on the tissue not on the seat though...

Give it a couple of days and if no Improvement ask your GP...I doubt it's anything serious prob a cut...does it hurt or is it sensitive when wiping.
    Just a slight nip after going. I get really panicy over any blood though. I had excessively wiped on Friday to the point I was a bit sore though maybe it's caused some irritation?

Piles and / or a fissure (tear)

If it doesn't clear up go and see the doc and you can get some cream or suppositories for it.

You do need to get the diet sorted though Phil

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I know what you mean about blood...I'm terrible for it...im one of those that's looks at every mole and sits there thinking have I always had that etc etc... I always analyse everything.

I like a good couple of drinks at night as it relaxes me...ive been like this for years so if I miss tea etc I do have a bout of bad no 2's in the mornings. As said above I have a pretty bad diet also....

I'm sure your fine...i doubt it would be anything terrible.....the best thing is to keep an eye on it for the next few days and see how it goes.

Anal fistula...mmmmm not so sure that would be the problem.

I have suffered from perianal abcesses before and I'm sure a fistula is something that occurs if these do not heal properly. If you had one of those you would know about it lol...trust me.

Try not to worry...but in a few days if it's still present the doctor or a nurse cam have a look for you. If you have a partner...get them to have a check

Em - no-one suggested a fistula though

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oooops your right Hun

I thought that's what you wrote lol!

Xxx

LOL - I have had a fistula as well and more recently a fissure which is more common

I've never heard of the Fissula! The Fistula def...so you know how painful and nasty they can be....

I had to have the two abcesses drained via surgery! So embarrassing! : /

Xxx

Thread Information