Thread: Advice needed re 6 week old baby. Swelling on face.

Advice needed re 6 week old baby. Swelling on face.

Hi all,

Last night my wife and i noticed our baby developed a swelling above the cheek bone. Large enough for us to go to A&E. The doc said he didnt know what it was but there was nothing sinister going on and that was it.

It hasnt got any worse but has anyone else had any experience with something like this??

The doc said no signs of an allergy or insect bite. Its not red and it doesnt hurt her when we touch it.

Its just a swelling just above the cheek bone next to her eye...her eye is completely fine by the way.

Any advice much appreciated as doc couldnt figure it out and said if it doesnt go away in a few days come back!

Re: Advice needed re 6 week old baby. Swelling on face.

Not sure I can help but know that horrible worry with a new baby so wanted to reply!

It sounds as though it is nothing and I would trust the Dr. Don't worry but just keep an eye on it - if you are at all worried just go back to the Dr (or Health visitors also). They are used to new parents visiting lots during that time as afterall how can we know what is normal / not normal and babies are everchanging in the first few weeks.

I was always at my Drs when my son was a baby - not saying that is a good thing, but never worth worrying with a little one when a Dr can give you reassurance.

Sorry that was probably no help but just wanted to say something. Congrats on your baby

Thread Information