Thread: Asthma My Doc have Given Me Inhalers

Asthma My Doc have Given Me Inhalers

My Doctor has given me 2 Inhalers a brown one "Beclomethasone Dipropionate" to be taken twice aday and a blue one "Salbutamol" when needed.

I seem to get a chesty cough about 3-5 times a year and they last for about 5 weeks "hacking up green stuff" but if the doc listens to my chest they say it is clear a healthy cough.

When it hot outside i find it hard to breath have done for about 25 years. But also seem to have constant chest pains.

The doc has not done any tests just put me on the inhalers to try is it it for me.

Does it sound like the rest of my life will be stuck with asthma aswell as anxiety/panic attack and the like.

Sorry to all who live with Asthma

Re: Asthma My Doc have Given Me Inhalers

I have both of those two and take the brown inhaler in the mornng and evening.

I never get asthma attacks as such but use these as a prevention.

I am surprised they are still giving out "Beclomethasone Dipropionate" inhalers though as they were withdrawn and replaced with Clenil modulite which is CFC free.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Xtremx,

Me again! Have you actually had any asthma tests? I am beginning to think that doctors are diagnosing everyone with asthma, simply because they have a cough. This happened to me and it was the start of all my problems with my recent anxiety. I appreciate that millions of people in this country have asthma and it is well controlled but I was prescribed an inhaler (which I have never used) and carry with me now because I am paranoid. I have recently had a lung function test and been told that I do NOT have asthma. I feel that it was just another condition/disease that I worried about unnecessarily!

I had asthma when I was a child but out grew it. They say it can swing in round abouts though, ive heard aparently that it rotates in 7-10 years. so you may have it for that long and then it goes away for that long and then comes back. I heard this because I've had a cough for 2 months now where ive been coughing up yellowy/green phlegm constantly. I went to 2 walk in medical centres and then to my actual doctor who have all said they cant hear anything in my chest. I also had tight chest feelings but the doctor thinks that is muscle related due to anxiety/posture etc, they gave me an inhaler for reassurance but I realised quite clearly that it wasnt asthma. Some of us may have virus' that last for long periods of time, some of us are just more prone to coughs. If the inhalers work then it may be asthma, but when I was going through these appointments I saw a poster in the surgery stating that nearly all asthmas can be completely controlled nowadays. So really, although it is easy to say it, you should not be too worried about the prospect of asthma, i think the stats are very high for the amount of people who have it as well, so youre not alone x

Hello again sebinkent,

No tests been done, I think you could be right sometimes doctors give stuff out like candy would of been nice to have a test done before they gave me them.

Because like you said so well I am now paranoid because I have got them, Because I get constant pains in the chest (i can pull muscles in the chest area at a drop of a hat) I am thinking is this a ashtma attack now? Should i take the blue one ? do i call someone? and so on!!!!!.
    I am now starting to feel like i am out of breath more easy Damn they know how to make you feel bad Thought the doc where there to help not hinder (feels like it).

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Hi thisismics, I think you may have hit the nail on the head "reassurance" just would be nice to feel it is for that purpose. I have come all this time without any other doctor saying it is ashtma so I think you and sebinkent are right.

And also thank you Nicola for your input

Hi, I developed asthma at the age of 30 yrs after a really bad chest infection which turned into pleurisy. I have both these inhalers also. My brown one was changed a few years back due to the cfc issue but it is beclomethasone I'm on now, can't remember the name of the old brown one. I use the "breath activated" inhalers, they automatically dispense the required amount when you take a breath in.

I find it best to take beclomethasone immediately before brushing your teeth and/or using mouthwash to avoid a sore throat.

My asthma is worse when the weather is really cold.

Haz.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

I did attend an asthma clinic for a while shortly after I was diagnosed but haven't done for years now.

They seem to diagnose asthma if you are worse in the mornings and evenings.

Thread Information