Thread: "still ill" Hello to everyone, newbie here

Unhappy "still ill" Hello to everyone, newbie here

Hello to you all, I have been diagnosed with depression/anxiety since 2002. After a 4 year period of Non stop stress,i developed a flu like virus which stayed with me for 2 years solid. After numerous blood tests & alternative therapies,i started medication. First two attempts were no good & the third was sertraline (zoloft) 50mg along with 3mg valium,after 2 weeks my physical symptoms lifted and for the first time in years i felt normal again. The next seven years consisted of drinking,drugs,blacking out,fighting,ending in a police cell,ending in hospital,burning bridges everywhere & being in total denial about depression. My reminder would be the flu like virus returning every now & then. I finally got to the point where enough was enough & i quit alcohol in jan 2010. In 2008 i stopped taking medication & all of the virus symptoms hit me like a ton of bricks,i got so anxious & my GP advised to start again on 150mg which i did,it seem to take ages,but i started to feel better. Since being diagnosed 10 years ago,my life seems to be a cycle of feeling ok,catching a virus & after a month of still feeling ill,getting anxiety attacks about whether or not it's depression,anxiety or i really have caught a virus. Whilst in this thought process i become suicidal,i keep playing it over & over hanging myself. I recently caught a cold that was difficult to shake off,then felt ok for 2 days now feel that virus like feeling in my head & feel totally deflated. Angry at my doctor, angry at my shrink and angry at myself,
    I am questioning my meds & feeling disillusioned with the whole thing.

Hi lakepalmer41

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: "still ill" Hello to everyone, newbie here

Hi and welcome to NMP

Smile Re: "still ill" Hello to everyone, newbie here

Hi there.. I have just found this site...

Thread Information