Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECG

ECG

Hi guys just a quicky, if you've had an ECG which has came back absolutely fine would it b worth requesting the 24 hour holter belt type or the stress test type? Or would a fine ECG indicate there's b no problems whatsoever .

Thanks in advance

Re: ECG

You have to go on recommendations from your doc to be honest. You can't just request these things as they cost money, obviously. So I would discuss this with your doc.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I think my point mainly was if an ECG said your fine is that pretty much solid? I.e at different times there could b problems I.e exercise etc as ECG are done lying on a bed!

hellooooooo hun well the doctor at the hospital said an ecg only traces your heart there and then so at that moment your heart is fine if it come back normal etc, so she wront to my gp to request i have a 24 hour tape as she thinks i have an arythmia problem that the ecgs arnt picin up as thyr only for afew seconds ask your gp hun xx

---------- Post added at 01:35 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

and no its not solid in the slightest hun xx

AN ECG only takes a snapshot at that moment in time. It depends what your worries are and why you think you need a 24-hour monitor. Do you get palpitations etc?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Just random racing heart at different times of the day for no reason, like tonight just round my friends chilling n boom pounding for nothing which I find strange, and yeah im partial to the old palp now n again

Hi Cameron,

If your doctor thinks you need further tests, he'd refer you. I think we're all guilty of reading about tests and medication and then going to our doctors and asking for them. Doctors have years of training and experience to be able to make informed decisions and we have to learn to trust them (not blindly, just with confidence and a bit of logic).

Take care

Pip x

This is actually the exact same question I came here to ask, though I believe I've asked it a few times before. I've had numerous ECG's, all of which came back ok, so I've never been put on a 24 hour heart monitor or gotten chest X-Rays. Right now I'm a mess. I'm getting palpitations that are awful. When they happen my body goes numb, I can feel heaviness, pain, and pressure in my chest, pins and needles in my extremities, and this weird tickling sensation everywhere that makes me feel like im going to vomit. I am so scared right now, if anyone could re-assure me that would be wonderful

Hi Cameron

I had an ECG which was normal but I kept getting flutters and palps which I just kept mentioning to doc when I was there for my doctors certificate appointments.( Was off work for 5 months last year with anxiety!) He suggested a 24 hour ECG which I then had. It did pick up my flutters and palps(gave them fancy names, sinus tacycardia and the like) but they were deemed to be not at all serious. So unserious that I was immediately discharged from the cardio clinic without even seeing a cardiolgist. So I guess my conclusion is that yes a 24 hour ecg may pick up your palps etc but if they were due to anything serious it would most prob have been picked up on first ECG. Not sure if that helps but hope it does. Heart anxiety is just terrible!

hi cameron

I Had an ecg done about a month ago and was all clear but i am still having problems so i went back he suggested a chest xray and some cardio tests to be done so might be worth having a chat to your gp again and ask if you could have the 24 hour one to be done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information