Thread: Update on Gallbladder scan

Unhappy Update on Gallbladder scan

Ok heres the diagnosis.....i have a 11mm polyp on gallbladder of irregular shape and texture rest of gallbladder is not diseased.........liver not enlarged , kidneys fine , pancreas fine and spleen fine. Doctor has phoned me back there saying he spoke to the surgical consultant at the hospital as i was so upset at my appointment this morning and although he cant be 100% sure he doesnt think its the nastier kind but cant rule that out yet , i have to get a mri of the gallbladder and will send me out an appointment within the next couple of weeks as im so anxious, personally speaking regardless of outcome would just prefer gallbladder out. So at least its good that nothing has been found on other organs but would be lying if i say im not worrying as im still thinking what if its not totally contained and has entered the lymph nodes etc....dont think i'll stop till get the all clear , i have a prescription for diazepam for now to get me through the next week or so. You just dont realise how unimportant things are in life until faced with things like this ......health and family are the main things and lots of prayers xx

Re: Update on Gallbladder scan

Hang in there over the next couple weeks, the waiting is the hardest part. Just try as hard as you can to not let your mind get away with you - I know that it is WAY easier said than done. You have a lot of signs pointing to a good outcome.

And not even to go here because I am sure you will be fine, but if it was something that had to be removed, the rest of the organ looks good and it is only in one place which is an excellent thing.

Maybe your doctor can get you in quicker just to get this over with?

i can imagine how nervous and worried you are, but everything sounds promising so hang on to that thought. keep us posted x x

Hi Kitty,

Big hugs from me

It must be awful going through all this but you'll soon be through it if you can hang on a couple more weeks. Your GP sounds really supportive so that must help. And, of course, you have all of us to lean on whenever you're feeling down. I will happily try to cheer you up, make you laugh, be a shoulder to cry on or give you a pep talk - whatever you want!

I'll be around tonight (when I'm not watching Glee which I recorded - just don't tell anyone or my reputation will be in tatters) - post and I will appear!!

Another big hug as you can't get too many

Love

Pip xxx
    Last edited by Pipkin; 13-04-12 at 23:50.

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

ps, you mentioned in your other post that you had been having the pains for few years, i am not a doctor but i would imagine if it was something nasty, which i am sure its not, it would either be alot bigger or more advanced by now.
    sorry not sure if this is the right thing to say, but just trying to point out the positives x x

Hi Kitty,

How you feeling?

Pip xx
    Last edited by Pipkin; 13-04-12 at 23:51.

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks guys for all the support......the diazepam has kicked in a little now but still feeling a wee bit stressed to say the least.....every pain im getting now im thinking things and im sure u can all guess what , had really sharp stabbing pain in my left shin last night and im thinking argh its bone cancer :( i know, what am i like , just cant wait to see consultant and get things moving. My doctor did say gallbladder cancr is a rare one but my gran had it so its always a worry. I am going to go out for a wee while today to try and distract myself easier said than done but here's hoping.....just want to thank everyone again for their support as just writing my thoughts and fears down really helps xx

Thread Information