Thread: new. just thought i'd lis my pros and cons on my first week

new. just thought i'd lis my pros and cons on my first week

hiyer,
    started citalopram last friday, at first i wasnt sure what it was doing, i felt a bit spaced out and slightly tourettey? i was yawning and my jaw was basically goin mental, a bit like a minor version of what i was like on mdma lol
    my dreams are a bit more absurd and memorable, which is okay
    its had a small good effect on my sleep pattern [a big problem for my original depression], i still find it difficult to sleep at a normal time like before midnight for example but i have been sleeping between the hours of 2am and 7am somewhat consistently, which trust me is an improvement. and yea im well unemployed obviously
    around the third or fourth day, i got a terrible headache plus nausea, i was at that teaser moment of feel really sick but not at the point of releasing it for a good few hours
    im a bit worried about my sex drive fading away, its absurd at the moment im practically asexual or a nun or summink, however i now have the motivation to do more things that would benefit my sex life like exercise and making my self look good in general
    alcohol intake is a small concern, ive not drank yet but theres a few dance music events id like to go to these coming months. anyone got any advice in that regard, or any regard?

Re: new. just thought i'd lis my pros and cons on my first week

Hi there and welcome,

Have a look through some of the active citalopram threads where you'll find you have a lot in common with others on these meds.

I hope you're ok

Take care

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: new. just thought i'd lis my pros and cons on my first week

Hellooo,

The first 2 weeks i found myself being able to get to sleep a lot easier I kept waking up 3 or 4 times during the night properly waking up. I'd normally get to bed about 2am, sometimes i'd actually get in bed and fall asleep with the laptop on (this made me so happy actually being able to fall asleep). As i'm writing this i'm actually fighting sleep, want a couple of games on fifa though.

I've not had a drink on them or had any drugs. I had a girlfriend that was on them years ago and she used to drink and take pills while taking citalopram.

My sex drive has gradually got better after the first week. When i'm with the misses at the weekends my sex drive is insane, i'm like a ****ing sex pest, it actually worries me. After the first week you should notice it getting better, just don't worry about it or concentrate on it too much, that'll make it worse lol.

Peace lad.

Freud

Thread Information