Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very anxious about image

Very anxious about image

Hi everyone i am very anxious about the way i look.

I feel worried i look old and ugly although most people
    think it is an irrational fear one that is unfounded and has
    no truth but i cannot help how it affects me as i am
    severely anxious about my appearance as i say
    and always wrapped up with awful thoughts that i look
    very horrible and old even though im only young.
    Last edited by grace17; 15-04-12 at 23:56.

Re: Very anxious about image

Hi - think you are a lovely looking young girl - lovely hair, eyes and skin - you seem to be suffering low self esteem - there is a very good article on this. Have a read.

You have made a first step by putting your pic on here - good for you! Now that's a start - have you been bullied or anything like that for you to think like this.

Have a word with your doctor and get some counselling and tell them how you feel.

When I was around your age 17? Well I was 18 was bullied badly at work and it really knocked my confidence I became very withdrawn felt unattractive as if there was something wrong with me. Well I had to leave the job and when I started getting better brought some make up and started playing around with it, started doing my hair, etc, and felt much much better in myself - just small things but gave me confidence.

I will not let anyone walk over me now - keep your chin up - you will get there and there is nothing wrong with you - you look lovely.

Laura x

hi..
    why are you feeling like this? has someone upset you saying something?
    The first thing that strikes me in your pic, are your lovely eyes and lips...
    I know image is important to youngsters these days, too important it seems....
    its much more important to be a nice, kind, caring person i think..
    Dont let anyone get you down... what is it you dont like about the way you look?

Hi, what a pretty face you have, and lovely eyes. You dont look old at all, and you should really emphasize your natural looks more. If you feel ugly inside and worry about it then that can give you low self esteem. Why not start by experimenting with colours, fashions, hairstyles, like Laura said , these little things can really make you appreciate yourself more. I find that when i get low and feel down i tend to be harsh on myself. It's not right to do that. You have such a pretty face and you can start by believing this and by acting more confident, even if you dont feel it, start telling yourself that you are young and have lots and lots of potential. Pamper yourself a bit and dont over think things. Its easy to get caught up thinking negatively and thats something we can all understand. Go for it !

Grace - Blingkasa is right - give yourself a pamper - there is nothing wrong with you at all.

What me and my friend used to do was go to a make up counter and have a free makeover - get tips and a laugh along the way.

Really gives you a lift. I even find now as low as I am feeling I have to put make up on, lippie, do hair, etc, it makes me feel better.

You will get there - you are only a young girl and confidence does not grow overnight.

Good LuckLaura

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Go and have a chat with your doctor or a nurse in the practice they will understand x

As a guy I think you look good. Nothing to worry about at all.

Dan

can people tell me how old i look as i worry.

im a young girl and feel depressed. it would help me. xxx

as my PM to you, 19-20 max

Grace, You look about 18 to me, I think no matter how much we tell you what we think you will still have these insecurities, You do look pretty, I really hope that you can see that you are a nice looking girl xxxx

Hey hun, you look lovely and very young in your picture (about 19?)

Sometimes when our self esteem is very low we 'can't be bothered' to make the most of our natural beauty by doing hair, make-up, clothes....we just get kind of stuck in a rut. Get your hair styled, put on a little war paint and a pretty outfit and I bet you will feel a million dollars and turn a few heads!!

I really don't think you have anything to worry about at all apart from your very low self image. This is only how you perceive yourself and most certainly not how others see you. Try build on your confidence, take a little 'me time' and pamper yourself. Then see how much better you feel.

Take care, Kitti x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information