Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: intermittent appetite loss due to anxiety

intermittent appetite loss due to anxiety

Hello! I am a 35 year old female. This is my first post. I've had generalized anxiety since the age of 18 or so. At the age of 23 finally started zoloft. It seems o have helped a lot! This being my 10th year on the drug and thru the years I've still had anxiety on and off. The past two years or so sometimes with my anxiety I lose my appetite and then I get so anxious over losing my appetite I totally dwell on that and it just keeps snowballing! Eventually 4-6 weeks agter losing the appetite it always eventually came back. Now I am going through the same funk again! I recently stopped my zoloft after tapering from 50 mg , and my last does was about 2.5 months ago. I tapered for about 1.5 months. So at the 1.5 month mark of no drugs in my system I start having what could possibly be side effects of no more zoloft in me?? I had watery diarrhea one day and after that my mind went into freak out mode! Ever since (4 weeks ago) I've had butterfly stomach and weird gurgling sounds , my bowels have been a lot softer but no more diarrhea, whereas on the zoloft for 10 years my bowels were always hard but formed but hard to pass. My loss of appetite came the same day as that initial diarrhea day. I worry myself that I could have all sorts of diseases etc. Then I lose my appetite! My question is, has anyone experienced bowels irritation after being on an antidepressant for so long. And or have appetite loss due to so much over thinking about the appetite loss day in and day out. At night time for some reason I feel much calmer and my appetite returns somewhat. Anyone experience this too??

Re: intermittent appetite loss due to anxiety

im exactly the same!!! anxious all day, then come night time im hungry , to point that i could eat a horse then go back for the jockey!!! i try to eat good food at this time..not good for weight eating late i know but, we gotta eat sometime havent we...so do eat when you can xxx

Quote Originally Posted by tis-me2006 View Post
    im exactly the same!!! anxious all day, then come night time im hungry , to point that i could eat a horse then go back for the jockey!!! i try to eat good food at this time..not good for weight eating late i know but, we gotta eat sometime havent we...so do eat when you can xxx
    Yup me too - couldn;t face lunch yesterday as I was so anxious, same today, but I know I will be starving this evening!

How long does your appetite loss usually last Jamesk and Tis-me2006??

Haha it's the same with me. When you haven't eaten enough in the day, the body tries to make up for it in the evening. It's why some depressed people binge on wine, cheese and chocolate in the evening and things they fancy.
    If you eat too late, you won't feel like breakfast and breakfast is very important to the rest of your day so try to eat that if nothing else

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

my appetite is gone all day every day at the moment and has been for the last 6 weeks, but! im hungry at night when im calmer , so thats something xx

Same for me , its been 4 weeks and the only time I have an appetite as in iactually have a slight craving for something in the frig , is late at night, after the kids are in bed and the house is calm. It really helps me just knowing I am not alone!! Thank u so much for your responses. Are you on meds or have just started any and that's why ur app is gone or is it just plain anxiety?? Mine is just plain anxiety, However, I just started last night back on my 25 mg Zoloft.. Hopefully that won't make it worse :(

Quote Originally Posted by miniminx View Post
    my appetite is gone all day every day at the moment and has been for the last 6 weeks, but! im hungry at night when im calmer , so thats something xx
    I feel calmer at night as well. I can also eat more at night due to that. Strange.. I'm so skinny because I can barely eat =/

Tt2012- How long has that been going on for you? Do you have "anxiety funks" that u get into? I also find it really strange about the appetite being better at night, I mean I realize I am very anxious all day everyday lately, but why do we calm down at night?? Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy22 View Post
    Tt2012- How long has that been going on for you? Do you have "anxiety funks" that u get into? I also find it really strange about the appetite being better at night, I mean I realize I am very anxious all day everyday lately, but why do we calm down at night?? Hmm....
    It does depend on the day. If I'm nervous from morning then yeah I cannot eat throughout the day. I am guessing I can eat better at night because the day is over. Unless something about the next day makes me nervous then I probably have trouble eating at night as well. Some people eat when they are sad, I am the opposite! Also, maybe at night it is quieter, world seems more peaceful. I don't know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information