Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: I give up

I give up

I've received bad news at the clinic this afternoon.

This morning I was given hope that I might finally get CBT after having had an assessment and being accepted subject to funding by a really nice lady therapist - the wife of the therapist who runs our group sessions. She said she thought she would be able to help me and that she would do a report requesting a minimum of 30 sessions plus continued attendance at the day clinic.

However, by lunchtime it had all gone wrong. Julia had received a letter from the PCT to say that my funding to attend the clinic is being stopped at the end of this week. She said she is shocked at the way they've suddenly discontinued treatment and given no time to prepare me to cope alone.

She phoned and spoke to the panel representative to try to get more time but it is hopeless. They are not prepared to pay for more than this week's sessions and they won't pay for me to see the CBT therapist either. Apparently I have to wait for contact from someone from the CMHT. Well that's the end for me then :(.

I'm not going back to the CMHT. It all goes on the numbers on a sheet of paper. My BMI is not low enough and my blood test results are back within normal so I am no longer a priority case. It seems you have to be physically very unwell or they don't want to know.

I guess I'll just go back to starving myself. What's the point in going on? I might as well give up now.

Karen

Karen, I am so sorry to hear that this has all gone wrong for you.
    Isn't there anyone that can help you?

I don't know what to say, I am just shocked that they stopped it with hardly any notice.

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Hi Chuckle

Thanks for your reply.

It doesn't seem there is anything I can do. The PCT is cutting back on funding and my case is no longer a priority.

Apart from starving myself to death there is nothing I can do about it :(.

Karen x

Oh Karen, you can't give up, please don't, i can't comment on all of the above, but please, you can and will get through, it will take a long time, you are a good girl, you help so many people here, you inspire many others. I can so understand how frustrasting this all is for you. You turn for help and it gets flung back, oh our dear Karen. hugs (not that they will help) coming to you. xxxjean

Hi karen

Big hugs from me too!!! Please don't give up you're a fighter and certainly don't starve yourself.

Keep on posting.

Susan
    xxx

susan

Hi Karen, sorry to hear your bad news but don't give up hun, like Carlin has said you will get through this.

Best wishes,

Polly

Thanks for your replies Jean and Susan.

I don't know what to do. I can't cope here alone and there is no other help. It is not the clinic's fault as they knew nothing about it but I've not no trust in the NHS CMHT or the local authority at all. Don't they realise these are peoples' lives they are playing with?

It has taken months to get to the level of trust I've built up with Julia, Lois and Becky, even if I haven't always been able to tell them everything. I've trusted them a whole lot more and made more progress than with any NHS mental health treatment I've had.

Now it was all for nothing and I just can't see a way through this. I am sorry.

Plus someone is still hassling me by ringing my phone and I still think it is dad and I tried to speak to Jac but she is busy. I'm all alone here :(.

Karen xx

Hi Karen,

I'm sorry to hear your bad news. Please don't give up, you can get throught this.

Can I ask why you don't want help from the CMHT? The people I see work for the CMHT and they are both nice and helpful.

I can understand it's hard to trust people, I'm like that too. But someone from the CMHT might be able to help.

Thinking of you,
    Take Care,

Heather x

Thank you Polly and Healther.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Can I ask why you don't want help from the CMHT? The people I see work for the CMHT and they are both nice and helpful.
    <div align="right">Originally posted by heths - 03 July 2006 : 19:11:13</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Past experiences and the fact that I went down this route last year. I don't trust the people I saw - and these are the same CMHT staff I am being sent back to. If anything I felt worse when they were involved and always came away upset and feeling worse about myself. I can't go back there again.

I'm completely lost now. It has taken 5 months of work to build up the trust I have with staff and the clinic and now it is all for nothing. What a waste of everyone's time and of my life [Sigh...]

Karen x

Hi hun,

What about your doctor - can she offer any support by sending a report to the funding officers about how detrimental this action would be.

Please will you promise me to at least ask her.

Dont feel down lovie, in life there is always Plan B and in my case I have even gone to Plan Z on occasion!!!!!

Love Piglet xx

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information