Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: I give up

Thinking of you Karen.

Hope you have some well earned rest tonight and get a result withthe Doc on Wednesday.

TC

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Thank you.

I don't have time to write much now as I've been writing a long letter to my doctor and to take to the clinic today.

Typically, I wait until it is too late to summon the courage to admit to everything. Actually, I still don't know if I can hand the letter over because I have written it all in there about the diet pill abuse etc.

I am so scared.

I've also taken too many of the diet pills this morning and can't stop shaking.

Karen xx

Just heard that K is away until the weekend now too :(:(:(.

Can things get any worse???

hey karen,
    well its unbelieveable!!! so wot u have to get to a weight where ur basically diein to get help!!!!!!! I just dont know wot to say!! Its just sickening!!!
    How much does it cost to go clinic???
    I will be thinkin of u!!
    Gemxxx
    P.s- sorry i havent posted to u in such a long time- i read ur posts every day and have been thinkin of u but can never think of anything helpful to say! :(

Hi Karen,

So sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. I have been keeping an eye on your posts and waiting for a time when I might have something constructive to say, as I don't have any experience of your situation.

However, there is one thing I would like to suggest now. I too had trouble getting CBT on the NHS but I decided that I would take personal control of the situation and get it privately immediately.

I know that this might be an unpopular suggestion, but here goes. There is a strong argument here for buying your own mental health treatment (for your self-esteem issues etc) rather than spending your money on pills off the internet which, as you well know, only serve to attempt to treat the symptoms and not the cause (and also perpetuate this rollercoaster ride you find yourself on).

I know money is tight but perhaps if you can empower yourself by taking control, you would benefit from knowing that your fate does not lie purely in the hands of the various authorities. Maybe you can pay for a few sessions of CBT and, hopefully, you will start to feel motivated to carry on with it.

Karen, you are a such a sweet and very clever lady and it always warms me when you offer such clear, logical and spot-on advice to others in need on here, despite your own struggles. I hate it when you feel you have no choices :(

Eeb xx

Hope you managed to give the letter to someone after all and that you waited for the blood tests.

Will check in again at teatime when you get home to see how you got on.

Piglet xx

Hi Karen,

I hope you're feeling better today.

Sometimes it can seem like there's no hope, but there are ways round things.

I agree with EebyJeeby, you do give very good advice. You've definately helped me before.

Take Care,
    Heather

Heather x

Oh karen i was so sad to read what has happened, i cant believe they have just dropped you like this, i cant begin to imagine how that makes you feel,

big hug pet,

hope you get some joy from g.p

kairen x

Karen,

Glad you have written the letter admitting more.

Please, please come clean with the GP. She will understand, believe me. Family doctors do understand that anorexic/anxiety patients have disturbed thoughts and don't always let on. She will not criticise you for this, but should congratulate you on being so brave and therefore stand more chance of getting some real treatment.

Push hard to get this CBT Karen.

We all know its worth it.

((( )))

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Honey

I agree with Ray, you have come so far recently, you have dealt with so much to not tell the dr would be so wrong for yourself.

Keeo going Karen I have lots of faith in you and I am sure very soon these set backs will be resolved

hugs

sue

scknight

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information