Thread: new symptoms with suspect BFS every day

Red face new symptoms with suspect BFS every day

so after about 4 months of twitches all over my body i have had good days where im totally convinced its BFS and nothing to worry about, and others where i worry so much its something else like onset parkinsons due to the odd shake in my hands etc. just recently i have been getting feelings like my fingers and thumbs have been tensing up on their own ever so slightly but noticable. like as if theres an elastic band tightening slightly or a rigid feeling and then it goes. the twitches have not subsided and i get them everywhere, and i mean everywhere. as soon as i wake up im thinking 'hmmmm wheres the first one gonna be?' and there it goes. its mainly my legs and calves but other places too. my symptoms are:

1. tingles all over, variable from day to day, sometimes very often and the odd day not at all. warm spots occasionally but the cold spots are much more common, like standing naked in a light cold rain, or like when you have a wet spot on your sleeve and you move your arm and feel it against your skin. these feelings are never limited to one place and occur on a daily basis, some days more often than others.

2. the twitches, every square inch of body, even stomach twitches. they go when im moving around and dont notice them at work until i sit down for a while. they never hurt, nor do i suffer from fatigue or weakness.

3. hand and limb tremors, usually when im leaning on them. if i lean on something with my hand, my arm shakes a little, it happens with both arms. i also notice my thumbs carry on moving after i have stopped typing on my phone etc.

4. movements juddery, not smooth or fluid. i dont know if i used to do this before but sometimes if im moving my head from fully down to fully back, its like a juddering instead af a fluid movement, sometimes if i try enough times i can get it right but it still worries me, my arms, legs and thumbs etc do it too sometimes.

5. feeling of popcorns popping in my legs, running water or worms wriggling around in there, usually when resting.

6. jumpiness at night while falling asleep. i have always done this every so often but recently i have jumped bolt upright in a shock.

wondering if anyone else suffers from all of these? i have already had help and reassurance from some kind members but would like to know other peoples stories. its the new symptoms in the hands that worry me the most.
    thanks everyone

Re: new symptoms with suspect BFS every day

I get a lot of these symptoms as well. Two of my grandparents had Parkinson's, so it's always in the back of my mind that I might get it. Oddly enough, I've chosen to study neuroscience and even plan to do medicine so I can become a neurologist, but I still have these fears!

The likelihood is very small that they are anything sinister. However, if you are legitimately concerned, you should see a neurologist. You could have an EMG which would show any abnormal muscle contractions that may be indicative of neurodegeneration, myopathy, neuropathy, etc.

thanks for the reply, sorry to hear about your grandparents. people younger than ever are getting PD, there has been someone 18 years of age get it a few years ago. what was their first clear symptoms of PD? did they ever have any muscle twitching all over their body?

For my grandpa, the first symptom was shuffling feet. For my grandma, the first symptom was difficulty with fine movement in her hand. It wasn't muscle twitching for either of them.

Thread Information