Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: plz some one help me I beg u

plz some one help me I beg u

Hi my names adam I'm 27 from rotherham south yorkshire and I am in such a state and can't see a way forward I don't even no if I'm posting in the right place I've only just signd up but here goes I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 18 but I beat it r so I thought a few months ago I started with head aches every day and it woried me and still does but then panic attacks came back and anxiety that got worse and no I don't feel real and nothings real around me its freaking me out n I'm scared I've been to doctors loads a times he put me back on ciltalopram wich hellped me before but now I've got phobias of taking tablets incase I freak out so I dint take em and yesterday I broke down in tears at my mums she took me to doctors and he said I need to take valium diazipam for two week then start citalipram so my mum made me take a valium not sure if it helped but I felt so sick when I woke up and so scared to take em plz some one help me my lifes over I can't take it

Hi adam stone

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: plz some one help me I beg u

Hey Adam.

So sorry you've got yourself in a state at the moment. Incan understand your fears about taking medication. I too had the same fears and held off suffering for the past 3 years but have ended up having to go on the meds due to my anxiety sky rocketing to the point where I couldn't function or put food in my mouth! Now that I knew was doing far more damage then the meds would. I have so far been on Prozac for 22 days. I'm not really having any side effects to my shock and yes it's a struggle some days but things are improving slowly. If I'd known sooner that there were minimal side effects I would've done it years ago.

Its a really scary place where you are right now and your body probably needs some recovery time and to let go for a while. Take the Valium. It will calm your nerves. I would also encourage you to get on the medication for a long term relief. You will be fine and once again be able to enjoy life. They are very safe and if you decide you don't like them you can always stop and the effects will be gone, no harm done.

Kel

Hi kel thanks for taking time out and psting to me I no I'm my own worst enemy and I no I should take the meds I'm just so scared with wats going off I cry all the time and convinced my self there is some thing major wrong with me every thing around me including people just don't seem real its scary and the head aches r a killer I had an mri scan last week but didn't last threw the full scan so have another one booked I'm so scared in my life I don't feel normal at all and I love my lil boy so much and its killing me not been able to do all the things I'd like to

Hi Adam,

I'm new on here today too. The feelings you described - things not seeming real especially - that's exactly how I felt when I first had anxiety as a teenager. I was prescribed Prozac which took a while to kick in but soon enough my perception of the world started going back to normal and I was able to start living again. You've taken the first steps by going to the docs. Take the medication, stick in there, and you'll be enjoying doing stuff the things you like again.

I'm just constantly scared and freaking out and I'm feeling sick since I started the valium as wee speak I'm burning up n feeling really sick its got to be the valium

hi adam, look around this forum and read everything........what you have is what weve all got..and all know exactly how you feel...my posts alone will show you how i have messed up thru not wanting to take meds for long etc......take the meds its what theyre there for...you will feel well soon x

Thanks for commenting I no wat ur saying and I'm one a them where I constantky think its curtains for me and I must be the only one feeling like thsi but clearly I'm not its just such a horible feeling its 24 7 like its not me n all fake its horid then I take valium n feeling sick don't no if its cos I'm new to it r not I just wish it would go away I feel so sorry for people like us its not a life is it its just getting buy each day as they come I hope when I start the citalipram I start feeling better the valium 5mg is a short dose the docs gave me to try n stop me freaking out I'm just in a mess and hopefully I can become friends with prople on here and chat to and try and get better so thank u once again for commenting each and every one of u ps do u no any thing other than wat I've mentioned that could help

Hi Adam, I feel for you, it's really hard to cope with isn't it.

When I first took an anti-depressant I cried and cried as I thought "Is this what it's come to".

However I'm now of the view of "sod it, I'll take it and see what happens" Nothing bad has ever happened when I've taken a drug. there can be side effects but you can always stop taking it if you need to. Valium is not a good long term drug and it sounds like it's not really helping you anyway.

Hi Adam

Sorry you are in a state - this anxiety is a killer - causes all sorts of problems, you have your valium which you need to take and will relax you and take the headaches away.

You do need to take the Citalopram - start on a low dose and work your way up - yes there are side effects but for long term that is what you need. They will be the making of you. I worry about side effects - not on anything at the moment apart from Lorazepam and have to be careful with these but am seeing a psychiatrist on Thurs and know he will prescribe meds - which I know I do need as I feel myself slipping lower and lower but I will get side effects.

I have been like this before (but nowhere near as bad) and last time 15 years ago got the correct tabs in the first place. May be because I am older now my brain chemistry has changed and have not found medication that has helped hence getting the professional help now.

You will get there - have you any good mates that you can chat with or your dad, uncle, anyone.

Hope this helps a bit but take the tabs the doctors would not have given them to you if they didn't think they would work.

Good Luck Laura

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information