Thread: Sertraline... Can't get an orgasm...?

Sertraline... Can't get an orgasm...?

I'm having a problem!!

Ive been on these meds almost 4 weeks.... and yes I've noticed a dip in my sex drive, but nothing substantial to the point where I don't want to... However... when I do... Nothing. This is really unusual for me, me and my partner are very close and comfortable with eachother and I've never experianced this problem with him before. Its gone past frustrating and just become quite upsetting... for both of us really. He says I should mention it to my doctor but thats quite a difficult thing to say to a man you barley know! plus I have no idea what he would suggest...??

Short of coming off my medication I don't quite know where to go from here.... has anyone else had the same problem? or have any suggestions?

Thanks for reading,

Tink x

Re: Sertraline... Can't get an orgasm...?

This is a very common side effect but I am not sure there is a solution as such. Not very helpful I know but I have loads of posts about this happening.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Sertraline... Can't get an orgasm...?

I'm male and had lowered sex drive on this med at first but it came back after a couple of months or so. All I can suggest is sticking with it a while longer and seeing if things improve for you.

GPs hear these types of complaints all the time so I wouldn't feel uncomfortable speaking to him but you could always go with your partner if it bothers you that much.

Thread Information