Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changed from Mirtazapine to Venlalic

Re: Changed from Mirtazapine to Venlalic

I nearly stopped cause my anxiety rocketed, felt so sick, no appetite, shaky and that was only me taking 37.5mg so i dread to think how id have felt on 75mg! X x

Morning everyone. Well pip i seem to suffer a lot of the symptoms you listed. I also seem to be suffering terrible tiredness (i was shattered before i started taking these) i spent the day in bed as i couldn't face the world. The insomnia isn't helping either!!

You have given me some reassurance though guys thankyou. I started reading the other thread you mentioned pip it was really nice to see the support given.
    I suppose due to my ha there is a part of me that thinks i have something more serious that has meant i can't get out of bed.

This really is no fun.

It honestly does pass, just give it a few more days and im sure you'll be feeling alot better, your obvously suffering withdrawals from the mirt and side effects from the ven but i promise it will get better i was just the same xx

Thanks Nicola Im trying to stay positive. I've just no energy to get up out of bed. I have 3 young children and i feel so sorry for my wife as she has had to take them this weekend as i have been a rightoff.

Is it normal to feel this tired and withdrawn?

yep it actually says on my box of ven that it can cause drowisness, i was a wreck when i started hence nearly giving up on day 4.......i was adament i wasn't taking anymore cause i just couldn't function, my anxiety was out of control, i felt sooooooo sick with zero appetite, my pupils were the size of saucers!! i went to bed on day 4 saying to my hubby theres no way im taking another one of them and that like i said was only on 37.5mg but then i thought no i need to try as this is the 3rd AD ive tried since august and now im feeling loads better 6 wks on and have gradually worked my dose up to 75mg in the morning and 37.5mg at night and im hoping to stay on that xx

Morning!

You'll definitely start to feel better very soon. If I can give you any advice, it's to force yourself to get up, have a shower and go out. I know you really won't feel like it (in fact, you probably think you can't do it) but I give you a 100% guarantee that you'll be feeling better by this evening if you do. I spent 2 days in bed feeling deathly and my partner forced me to get up and go for a long walk. I think it was this that was the turning point for me.

I also lost my appetite but forced myself to eat some muesli which also helped.

Off you go - you're under orders!

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

This tiredness is more of a drained to the core tiredness and has been with me for weeks. It just seems to have gotten even worse whilst taking the ven. Im very shaky and unsteady on my feet too.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Nicola, it's nice to know we're not alone.

---------- Post added at 08:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 ----------

Hey Pip, nice to hear from you. You're so right in what you say, i did get up yesterday for a while to force some food into me but just didn't feel up to much so went to bed half way through The Voice!

I have to say the support on this forum is top notch. I couldn't imagine going through this without it! Thanks again.

could you ask your doc for some diazepam to help you thro the side effects and the withdrawal? xx

Well the Voice would be enough to make me anxious and go to bed! Don't even get me started on Jesse J...

If you get up and go out for a walk (at least an hour) and don't feel better for it, you can come back on here later and tell me what bad advice I give!

Take care

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well Pip i made it as far as the shower got dressed and forced some cereal down. But that was as far as i got. Feel too ropey to venture out. Im supposed to be going to my dads today as it is his 60th birthday tomorrow and just can't face it.

Really hope these tabs are worth it as i feel like death!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information