Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changed from Mirtazapine to Venlalic

Re: Changed from Mirtazapine to Venlalic

Hi there,

Your mind wants you to think you can't go out but actually you can. A visit to your Dad's might be a bit much as I know how hard it is to be sociable when you feel bad so I'm sure a phone call would do just as well. I bet you could get out for some fresh air though. If I sound like I'm nagging, I am. It's just I know how bad you feel and I think you could feel better. Just whatever you do, don't go back to bed as that's the worst thing you can do, however tempting it is.

If you read a bit more of that post I was telling you about (when you get back), you'll see a friend of mine called Petra (petram on here) who started the Venlafaxine at the same time as me. She takes venlalic and it turned her life around. She's now doing things she hadn't done for years and is now looking for a job. She's a real success story. It was a long, rocky road but she got there with support from here. Although I've never been as bad as that (I work full time and never take time off unless I'm in a terrible state - twice in 4 years), I'm also feeling better than I have for years. I'm on a different brand but still extended release.

Let us know how you're doing later.

Take care

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

a wee bit of advice from me too, i am taking venlafaxine nearlt 3 months now, i take 150mg daily after citalopram stopped working for me.

i have been where you are now, and thought i'd never get there, but i have, and i owe a lot to the ven it has been a godsend, and as pip say's it takes time, but it is worth it.

also we blame the meds, but the way you are feeling will be down to your anxiety as well, and you're nearly there, i'm sure you will start to feel some benefits in a day or two.

don't be so hard on yourself your wife will understand and i always said if i got better i would make it up to hubby as he did everything for me.....and i try too

take one day at a time and try to do as much as you can, even if it's just a little, and you have managed to shower and get ready today well done.take care xx

Thanks Pip. Im struggling as i feel so sick and shaky/ weak as I've not really eaten much over the past few days. I will however make a conscious effort and report back!

One more thing before my exercise...Does the lack of appetite subside as Im beginning to worry the weight is dropping off me!!

Pink is right - we are quick to blame the meds but it's actually your anxiety giving you the grief here, exacerbated by the withdrawal from the old and starting the new. Stick with it and, again as Pink rightly said (she's always right ), one day at a time.

Yes, your appetite will come back. I had to force food down and thought I was going to be sick. It was a real effort. I'm quite slim anyway and I reckon I lost close to a stone in a couple of weeks. The reverse has now happened and I've got a healthier appetite than I have had for years and put the weight back on.

One last thing before I let you get on with your day (though I'm around if you need me), it really might be worth going back to your GP and asking for a bit of extra help to get you through the next couple of weeks. Nicola suggested Diazepam - I've never taken that but it is used very effectively for short-term relief. I took beta blockers, as I said, and they were an absolute godsend. Seriously, I don't know if I could have managed without them (mine were Oxprenolol but most people take Propranolol - pretty much the same, I believe). Worth a thought?

Take care

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

yes i use diazapam when things are tough, and got them to help with the cit withdrawals and starting the ven, it would be worth speaking to you gp, as they really can help in the short term, hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks again Pip and thanks Pink for your input. Im thinking i'll call my gp tomorrow and see what he has to say.

Hi there,

I hope you're feeling a bit better. A good idea to go and see your GP tomorrow - a bit of extra help won't do any harm.

Let us know how you get on

Take care

Pip

Hi hope your doing ok, let us know what the doctor says xx

Morning guys. Well yesterday turned out better than I expected. I perked up by the evening and manged to bath and put the kids to bed which I was really happy about!! I felt pretty good?

Got a bit of my appetite back last night too so was able to have a proper meal. Didn't have the greatest nights sleep so woke again this morning pretty anxty and shaky but have made it to work and am managing to get by.

I called the doc this morning, they operate a very inflexible appointing system and so couldn't get an appointment with a dr till Wednesday. Explained my situation and she reluctantly sent my dr a message to phone me, so I am waiting for a phone call.

So all in all, I feel much better than I did on Saturday but by no means am I out the woods yet.

Thanks for all your help and support guys. Fingers crossed this improvement continues.......

Hi all, Just to report that I'm on day 6 of ven.

I had a really great saturday, then bang, hit a low yesterday and today i feel really worst.

I did have quite a bit to drink yesterday though but still, can't belive how great I felt on saturday - the best I had in months. I am due on this week though. I've also put on a few pounds in the past week booo :-(

Just reporting in really. Not looking for any answers at all as I do know its early days yet.

xxxxxxxxxx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information