Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Changed from Mirtazapine to Venlalic

Re: Changed from Mirtazapine to Venlalic

Hi Knowlesi,

Glad to hear you're starting to feel a bit better - you'll definitely feel better for going to work today. It's usually a great distraction, if nothing else.

Did you get a call back from your GP? We also have quite an inflexible booking system and you seem to have to be a psychic and predict when you're going to be ill a couple of days in advance if you want an appointment. Would it be cynical of me to suggest that it's something to do with practices managing their statistics? Surely not! Let us know how you're doing.

Alfredo - alcohol definitely doesn't help, particularly when you drink quite a bit so this could be the cause of your increased anxiety. I still drink at the weekend but have had to drink less and weaker things as I kept waking up with my heart racing and it lasted all day. One tip though is definitely to drink plenty of water as the slightest hint of dehydration makes it much worse.

Take care

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey Pip,

Yes Dr did call and sorted me out some short term relief so for the past couple of nights I've felt as though I have slept much better - just need to sort the kids out now and stop them from waking up in the middle of the night!!

Well I'm on day 8 today and I'm having a bit of a flat one. Yesterday I felt a bit better but not feeling it today. Anx is still pretty high and tiredness is always on the agenda!! Just can't seem to shake it, like I've said previously I've been tired now for weeks/months. Bit sickly too.

Still I'm managing to get into work so just taking each day as it comes and hoping I'll continue to improve. Started CBT last Friday too so I'm hoping that this will also help with the ha demons in my head as they are fighting against the meds. Just need to keep telling myself that it is the anxiety that is making me feel like this and nothing else more sinister.

It is harder than it sounds!!! grrrr

Hope you're continuing to improve- I'm following the other thread you mentioned .

Take care.

Hi Knowlesi,

You're definitely in the path to recovery now and the nausea and dizziness should pass very soon.

These meds really do take some time to work but rest assured that once they do, you'll feel so much better. It happens so gradually that you probably won't notice it for a couple of weeks and then you'll look back and realise.

What did your GP prescribe for you? Whatever they are, keep taking them for a week or 2 and then taper off - you should be fine then.

Take care

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Knowlesi View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum after finding it whilst googling numerous symptoms etc. So Hello....

I'm currently on day 2 of changing from 30mg of Mirtazapine to 75mg of Venlalic XL and have to say have noticed a number of different side affects. Most noticably is the increase in anxiety, I'm really struggling today to keep it together. I've also noticed that my sleep has taken a hit as well since stopping the mirt. I understand this is a symptom too but could really do without right now as I have been so tired for feels like forever.

One other strange side affect is the amount of yawning I'm doing. It feels strange though after the yawn - almost a 'spcey' or 'trippy' and sometime makes me want to laugh?? Can anyone relate to this?

I would love to hear other peoples experiences from starting Venlalic. I have read a lot of negative posts on this particular ad (in comparison to effexor) so some positive thoughts would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
    I have found that you feel sick with the venlalic and get night sweats with them

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information