Thread: Worried if my palpitations are the result of an electrolyte imbalance

Worried if my palpitations are the result of an electrolyte imbalance

I had a blood test about a month ago and the doctor said everything looked good (except for hypoglycemia and low vitamin D)... I'm sure if my blood was fine a month ago I'm still ok? I have been taking magnesium supplements, perhaps I'll stop them maybe I'm getting too much. Sorry I'm just thinking out loud now.

Re: Worried if my palpitations are the result of an electrolyte imbalance

Um hypoglycemia can definitely cause palps! I'm surprised your doctor wasn't more concerned with that as many people experience heightened anxiety because of hypoglycemia. That's why people feel so crappy in the morning partly, because your blood sugar is so low. I would recommend making dietary changes to help regulate blood sugar. I have my own blood sugar reader where you do finger pokes and I can always see that when I feel crappy my blood sugar has fallen. Try eating 5-6 small meals and day instead of 3 main ones because this keeps blood sugar study. Don't eat things like a carb by itself, i.e. a piece of toast with jam on it...too much sugar! Add a fat like butter on there. Helps to slow the absorption of sugar in the bloodstream. Read up more on this...so much good stuff online
    And get your Vit. D levels up. People with SAD have low Vitamin D and it can really boost your mood if you have good levels !

To heal ilness, begin by restoring balance.

Speak or act negativly, pain follows, Speak or act with a pure heart, and happiness follows.

It's never too late to create a new body.

Wellness is our natural state. Disease is an imposter.

Re: Worried if my palpitations are the result of an electrolyte imbalance

Thank you so much for the advice Monika! My doctor did advise me of all these things... actually I don't believe palps being cause by hypoglycemia was discussed now that I think about it. To be honest I'm having trouble keeping up with the 5 small high protein meals a day thing. You're right about that being what I need to do though, and I definitely need to put more work into my diet

Thread Information