Due to a family history of breast cancer and hitting age 50 I decided to speak to a breast surgeon about additional screening on top of nhs mammo and last year he recommended that I see a breast surgeon yearly and have good manual exam and an ultrasound as well which I did. All was well as was the mammo. So the year comes round again and yesterday I went for my appt with surgeon and he gave me good exam and said all fine, he did not think I needed the ultrasound but I asked for it for my peace of mind and I had it this morning and all was fine. Yesterday the consultant said the most important things I could do was eat lots of broccoli/brassica family- keep active and hohoho think positive as negative thoughts create nasty chemicals that harm the body!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I left saying I am not going to worry all the time

so great relief when my scan was okay BUT I had funny bowels all day and by time I got home was thinking do I order a home bowel cancer tests. As I had a colonsocopy less than 4 years ago and was told at the time that polyps take 10 years to appear and turn cancerous so a clear tests is great news it is highly unlikely that I have bowel cancer. I have IBS and have to restrict my fibre intake and it is totally normal for me to have changeable bowel habits, I have had this for at least 30 years! but realised that I have done the usual trick of getting reassurance from one thing and immediately starting worrying about another symptoms

GRRRRRRRRRRR.