Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Infected toe... any advice please?? *sigh*

Re: Infected toe... any advice please?? *sigh*

Usually mine goes away after a few days of antibiotic cream ... I am wondering if maybe it is ingrown. That means the nail grows into the skin somewhat. It is painful but once you get the nail out it gets better. I'm sure if that was the case though the nurse would have seen it.

No it wasnt.
    Mine usually goes away in a few days too in the past except for this one. Its starting to feel better now with the antibiotics the redness is starting to go and it isnt as sore pressing on the bottom of the toe nail it just needs to fix up the side of the toe now and i should be sweet

Doctor said the infection is too big to be fixed my antibiotic cream so its best to do it as soon as you hurt it to keep any infection going in.

Hey I had a shower and took my bandage off my toe its still really red and a bit sore. I had taken two antibiotics yesterday that is when I started them and all three of them today. How long does it actually take for the infection to go away?

Hi pink

If your toe is infected bath it in salt water for 5 minutes.. DON'T towel dry it, let it dry on it's own and then put a dressing on it. (Using a towel allows fibres to enter the infection)

DON'T get it wet otherwise.

DON'T miss your antibiotics.

Do this daily and fresh dressings daily....

This is information from the Podiatry service. My son has an infected toe twice and this is exactly what i have to do for him.

Hope it helps hun.

Lisa
    xx

Thanks Lisa
    I think I notice very little improvements now. I am very careful when taking antibiotics and make sure I dont miss any as I worry too much about infections as I know its something you MUST try and get rid of.

Anyway thanks anyway I was continue doing treatment on my toe but by the reaction the doctor gave me when she saw it it was pretty bad :( and Im sure they have seen many.

Hey Lisa thanks for the idea of the hot water I tried it this morning and it really did draw alot of stuff out of my toe and now it is feeling heaps better.

Thanks heaps again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information