Thread: Signed up for something I never thought I would need

Unhappy Signed up for something I never thought I would need

I am new to this "anxiety" thing, and I must say it can be very overwhelming,
    I can honestly say for the past 50 years I never once thought I would be googling forums on this topic and yet here I find myself. I am confident I will beat this, but as it has been months now I am second guessing some days.

Hi Trypp

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Re: Signed up for something I never thought I would need

Hello Trypp.

I've been here for about 3 weeks, and I know exactly what you mean - I was hesitant about signing up too, but I've found everyone here to be very friendly, helpful and supportive.. I'm sure you will too.

Good luck, and welcome.

MrRed

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.
    Six months ago I'm ashamed to say I would have sat firmly in the 'give them a shake, tell them to stop feeling sorry for themselves and get on with it' camp. But a sequence of events caused me to have an Acute Stress Reaction and suffer from subsequent anxiety and anger issues. I had no idea how overwhelming and all-consuming these issues could be. The feeling of being completely out of control of my emotions was very scary.
    I had been using the internet to reference my issues and medication and this site popped up a couple of times. I only joined today but have already found it to be really helpful. I hope you find it as beneficial. Good luck.

Thank you to all for the warm welcome, Along with Anxiety my therapist has suggested medication for my ADD, I find the ADD helpful to draw my attention away from my anxiety now and then (if that makes sense) I hope I am able to keep my attention on recovery and helping others along the way.

Hi, I too am a bit of a novice, to all this stuff. I think that in it's self, adds to the anxiety. I've read lots of really good books that have helped. I also listen to relaxation cd's. I've been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This was brought on by an incident that happened last October In school. (I'm a teacher)I've also had talking therapy, hypnosis and I'm in the midst of EMDR.I was taking anti depressants but these didn't seemed to help. I still take propranolol daily. I have diazepam for emergencies! I do try to keep busy, but that's not so easy. I just thought I was going nuts! Understanding and knowledge are paramount. This site is great for unanswered questions! take care D x

Hi Trypp and a big, warm

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences and that you'll also be able to give a lot to others.

Take care and keep posting

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I can honestly say that having internet access can be both helpful and hindering (too much information some times) I have done way to much "googling" about symptoms and not enough about help. That is until I found this site and it has very helping folks and stories. The 5 day wait to chat seems a bit long, but I understand the reason as it should help reduce the amount of abusers found in many of the regular chat rooms. I am now on day 5 of "life without anti-depressants" and it has been rough but I am doing my best to stay strong. Wish me luck and I hope to chat soon

Thread Information