Thread: struggling

struggling

Hi,
    Have never been on something like this before but feel that I need some understanding shoulders to cry on at the moment. I've been through a tough few years and my depression is currently so bad that I can't work. I don't feel like anyone else understands and when I talk to those around me they just think I'm having an 'emotional moment'. They all know about my depression but I guess I try to be upbeat and it makes it hard for them to know when I'm down.

Not sure what help people can give, just needed to get some of it out.

Kx

Hi kenp

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: struggling

Hii Kenp!

Are you on any medication or seeking help other ways?

Hi Kenp and

I'm sure you'll soon find your way around the site and get to know lots of people on the way. Don't forget to share your experiences too as we all benefit from a new perspective.

Take care

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Ken p
    It could have been me writing your comment. I know just how you feel. I work full time and try to be upbeat about everything, I'm unable to work at the moment too and I've had some difficult years. Likewise, people around me don't know when I'm feeling really bad, the first they usually know is when I break down in tears and end up going home as I can't cope with any more. I've learnt now though not to hide it, if you feel down let them know how you're feeling you'll be surprised by the response. If they don't know, they can't support you. I think that's why each of us feels it's 'only me', I think we are so good at hiding how we are truly feeling. I'm sure you'll get loads of support from this site. You're not alone. Try to stay positive I know it's hard. Take care.

Thread Information