Thread: Amytriptyline and tinnitus

Amytriptyline and tinnitus

I took Amitriptyline for sleep issues 20mg and they worked really well apart from after about 4-5 weeks my tinnitus got much worse with an intermitent screaming high pitch whine which I have never had before. I told my GP ads she saiddidn't think it was the tablets but my tinnitus and hearing in general were getting worse. So I made a decision to come of the amitriptyline that was 3 weeks ago the screaching has gone down a little bit but it's still bad anyone else had any similar problems using amitriptyline.

thanks

Hi LMac

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Amytriptyline and tinnitus

Quote Originally Posted by LMac View Post
    I took Amitriptyline for sleep issues 20mg and they worked really well apart from after about 4-5 weeks my tinnitus got much worse with an intermitent screaming high pitch whine which I have never had before. I told my GP ads she saiddidn't think it was the tablets but my tinnitus and hearing in general were getting worse. So I made a decision to come of the amitriptyline that was 3 weeks ago the screaching has gone down a little bit but it's still bad anyone else had any similar problems using amitriptyline.

thanks
    yes ive been on it for 2 weeks now and my ears are ringing like hell,even in a morning when i get up,it gets worse whn ive been doing alot as well,going to the doctors today,cant cope with this anymore...

Thread Information