Thread: New mauve inhaler seretide 50?

New mauve inhaler seretide 50?

I am suffering badly with my asthma at the moment and I have a really chesty cough. My chest rattles and am really wheezy. I am also coughing up lumps of large green phlegm. Sorry TMI. My GP wanted to give me antibiotics but I am virtually allergic to them. Most make me very sick. The mauve inhaler is to replace the brown 'becotide' and I will have two puffs twice a day. The ventolin I have as required. Does anyone know anything about the purple inhaler? Thanks in advance. EJ

Re: New mauve inhaler seretide 50?

My hubby has the seretide purple inhaler, he's asthmatic and has a heart condition. Your chesty cough seems to be making your asthma worse. keep coughing the crap up and have steamy baths with a few drops of olbas oil in the bathwater.
    But when my hubby is really bad he has to use his nebuliser

Re: New mauve inhaler seretide 50?

Thanks for answering. My cough does seem to be improving but I'm still coughing up the green stuff (sorry) I'm also using a 'spacer' I think they are given out to children to ensure that I'm getting the correct dose. Unfortunately the inhaler makes me feel nauseous but this does seem to wear off. I do not have a nebuliser. My Mum used to have to go on this in hospital when she could not breathe with MND. EJ.

Thread Information